gas milage

i got the 258 I 6 and get about 12-13 miles to the gaLLON...that isnt a great number but it is what most people seem to get with the 6.....do you have a 4-banger??
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I use to get the same, Add a K&N filter to my factory air box and got rid of my cat and old muffler added a glasspack so my exaust could breath, now I get closer to 20 mpg. going to change over to the cone filter as seen in the recent post as soon as the new box filter gets worn out or I can find a buyer for it! Tug[addsig]

i was getting about 14 mpg in my 2.5, now the 350 is on its way in so i'll see in another week or two what the new mileage is, hopefully not to much lower then 14[addsig]

tug, you want to get rid of your k&n stock air box filter? how much? is that air box the same on 4.0 and 2.5 liter engines? i got an 89 YJ 2.5L. I'm interested. Email me if you want.[addsig]

image-missing.png
My 89 with the 4.2 gets 16mpg. The only "performance" upgrades so far is the ignition upgrade, fresh set of Champion plugs, new cat and a Flowmaster.[addsig]

I get about 13-15 in town in my 89 YJ with a 4.2 and a little better on the highway depending on which way the wind is blowing
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I am lucky to get more than 100 miles to a tank.I usally fill up about 93 miles and i have the 15gallon tank so that make me getting about 6-8 mpg[addsig]

I usually get around 12-14, depending on the driving. If I go off roading that usually kills the old gas mileage, but hey, the crappy mileage makes up for it in the summer.

Can't take the top and doors off a 40 mpg honda!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Just under 21 MPGs, if I keep it on the road, but off the interstate. I'd say 16 MPG is a good average.[addsig]

I with jeeper 89 with my 4 banger 91 and my 88 4.2 wont run long enough to find out, but as for my 4 cylinder, i have a cool air intake, tbs exhauset header on back, and an ignition system and my sucks, I am also running 31 wich isnt much so i have no clue its not running rich doesnt bog down just likes my heavy foot and 87 octane i get about the same even in 4wd, its just a gas hog even when i drive it easy and shift at 2500 I only get around 120 miles to a tank I dont have a working gas gage but it takes around 12-13 gallons weird and no leaks [addsig]

mine was pretty low this week and then i went to get gas and realised some sumofabitch stole my gas cap!

Reggie[addsig]

Between 14-16 mpg if I'm lucky...mine's an automatic, so I have the three speed....Patti[addsig]

I copied this from my post over in the general chat........

So as most of you know, my catalytic convertor fell out (I should get a new one soon ) Then over a week later I built a custom intake unit and used a K&N cone filter. Well, I finally filled up my tank this morning. I did 257 miles on 14.38 gallons. A whopping 17.87mpg!!!!!!! This was 90% city driving and I only had the new intake on for a week. I'll have more accurate stats in about 2 weeks when I have to fill up again.

To date, I've driven for a week and barely used a quarter tank of gas, and I've done about the same amount of driving I usually do.[addsig]

I was thinking of getting one of those k&n filters.. I know other people who have had good luck with them. I was told that he got better gas milage, and a slight more umph in driving.

My cat is rather loud, it almost sounds like i have an animal inside (hehe).. do those "performance cats" actually allow more air flow out... or are they just not worth it?[addsig]

Back