CJ7 Vin number

mrwr1ght

HI All,
First post!! Is there anywhere I can check a VIN/Chasis nuber agesnt a databse that jeep hve, as I belive the title I have is missing some numbers and even some of these dont seem to match up with the 2 other cj's I have of arround the same age. Please advise

you know the tag atached to the dash, (wich is missing on mine) has 12 digets in the VIN number, she is registerd late in '81, but belive she is posibly an '80 model, or maybe a '79 edt, but is that an izusu C240 oil burner, insted of a gas engine. I belive its a factory fit.

excluding the unique last digets, they are 0N93EF04xxxx... I belie there could be another preceeding 5 digets...

Have you checked for a vin plate on the dash behind the wiper motor?

Check the dash behind the wiper motor. There should be another vin plate, there was originally one on the firewall, but alot of those are non-existant anymore.

Apologies, I forgot to say, this jeep dosn't esist currenty, except as a tilte just now, so wantiong to know if i can chek agenst factory records...

So you gonna hammer out some VIN plates? I don't think the title alone will do you much good, and any attempt to fabricate a vehicle with that VIN would likely be a felony. What are your intentions?

fortunaly US laws dont apply here, not being in the USA, or canada. I have aquired most of another CJ minus the 253ci in it, and got the oil burner to replace.

Original diesel CJ7's (with the little Isuzu engines) are quite rare in the US. I only know of one original, unmodified unit. The owner said it got pretty good mileage but it was kinda loud. Too bad I didn't have the foresight to buy a few "diesel only" parts from AMC back when you still could - John

Original diesel CJ7's (with the little Isuzu engines) are quite rare in the US. I only know of one original, unmodified unit. The owner said it got pretty good mileage but it was kinda loud. Too bad I didn't have the foresight to buy a few "diesel only" parts from AMC back when you still could - John

Do you think you could find out that diff's this wagon has, and any other essentual info, I belive the trannie is a 4spd stickshift. want to try and build it as close to the original as posible.

Thanks guys for the help

I don't know if the guy still has it but when I see him next I'll ask. I only run into him once in a while, though, so it may be a while. You might do well to find an original factory manual. I'm pretty sure it covers the diesel version and would have all of the specs - John

Back