Goodyear Wrangler MT/R vs BFG MT KM2

The newer design is similar to the old Goodyear MT http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/goodyear/gy_wrangler_mt_ci1_l.jpg which I have a set of 37" Military spec on my Bronco those tires have ZERO problems in the mud holes down by the lake. They outperform TSL's I have on my F-150 although size might play a factor there 37 VS 33 although neither of them leave me stuck. I don't know about the weight difference between my Bronco (almost 6000 lbs) Vs a Jeep (more like 2500-3200 lbs) being a key issue either. My CJ will be running 35" MTZ's when its put back together. Almost new (500 grueling Baja miles is all) set of 4 cost me a whopping $200 and I doubt I'll run into much problems since they will see 3-5 MPH now instead of 120 MPH

No I think the new ones are just as bad as the new ones. I do alot of mud bogging. They aren't any good in snow either. Pittbull Krawlers, Swampers, or Mickey Thompson's aren't to bad but they are spendy

BFG's simply because they will last about 40-50K miles. My experience is you'll be lucky to get 25-30K out of the mt/r's

Yes, currently using them on 2005 Wrangler. They work great, don't make much noise and are great off road. Much better then the original MTR's.

I'm the fleet manager for a federal law enforcement agency - 94 vehicles now. Lots of high speed freeway runs with heavy weight, lots of off-roading with other than ideal air pressures. Extremely few (catastrophic) failures. Very few sidewall punctures. Very few flats in general outside of heavy abuse/driver error. Biggest complaint? Big, heavy vehicle, medium load, lower than normal tire pressures, hot summer day, high-speed run back to the office. Yep - tire comes apart. Pretty sure they all would. Great in the sand and soft terrain. Fairly loud on the pavement, wears well on a daily driver. But they're stinkin' expensive!! Would have liked to installed a set with the new tread design on my personal vehicle, but I'm not gonna shell out that kind o' cash. There you have it, real world stuff. No idea about crawling, etc. Hope this helps a little.

I'm the fleet manager for a federal law enforcement agency - 94 vehicles now. Lots of high speed freeway runs with heavy weight, lots of off-roading with other than ideal air pressures. Extremely few (catastrophic) failures. Very few sidewall punctures. Very few flats in general outside of heavy abuse/driver error. Biggest complaint? Big, heavy vehicle, medium load, lower than normal tire pressures, hot summer day, high-speed run back to the office. Yep - tire comes apart. Pretty sure they all would. Great in the sand and soft terrain. Fairly loud on the pavement, wears well on a daily driver. But they're stinkin' expensive!! Would have liked to installed a set with the new tread design on my personal vehicle, but I'm not gonna shell out that kind o' cash. There you have it, real world stuff. No idea about crawling, etc. Hope this helps a little.

I'm sure it would help...if you tell what kind of tires you are talking about!

:)

Back