so i just snapped a leaf spring

YuriSouder

I just broke my driver side rear leaf spring... i have a 3" leaf spring lift and a 3" shackle lift. My front leaf springs are shot and with one rear broken i think that its time for new springs. the problem is i am broke and all i have for the project is $200. Think it is possible?

Which leaf is broken? The main leaf or one of the others?

Are the leafs still under the axle? If so, hit up a wrecking yard, get some springs (you can search and you'll see what other people have used and which would be the best way to go), and then just get some perches and all that stuff and do a soa.

my main leaf is broken about 5 inches from the shackle. I was thinking about doing this but iduno because i feel like it will cost the same. I paid like $50 for just u bolts a few months ago. i think after everything i would come out around the same but who knows. i just only have like 3 days to work on this jeep before i need to daily drive it and i would rather avoid as many road blocks as possible. i am looking at these leafs for right now but i really dont want to spend this much! i know its like nothing but i have to find a frame front leafs body mounts and a spare 35 mtr..

Back