Rear track bar on YJ

oooyah69

Im doing a 8.8 swap and was wondering if a guy should reconnect the rear track bar or run without it. This is mainly a street jeep with some trail...very flat where I live. Its a spring under with a 2.5 lift. Is not that much work but it its not neccessary then why bother. Thanks for the info

I run my 89yj without the rear trackbar and I do go up in the mountains for four wheeling and use it as a daily driver and I have no problems at all

Track bar? I wasn't aware that the Yj had a rear track bar. OR are you talking about the anti-sway bar in which case I would recommend ditching it unless you use your rig for towing you won't notice anything and it will improve your off-road performance quite a bit

I would remove both the front and rear track bar, they aren't necessary, CJ's don't have them. Geometrically all they do is fight the leaf springs and make your Jeep ride rougher, I removed both of them on my YJ, and everyone I have told about it says they have noticed a softer ride after removing them. Do not remove your sway bar though, if you drive it on the street. But track bars just make your ride harsher.

yes it is the track bar not anti sway. Sounds like I going to remove it . Thanks

Remove the rear trackbar and throw it away. The front I recommend taking off one thing at a time and seeing how you like the ride. In my front I ditched the swaybar because with 5.5 inches of lift it places the cog too high and if felt like it was gonna lift a tire and flip around every turn. Now the body just rolls with the turns. When I took the front trac bar off, the jeep wandered like crazy and any bump in the road would send me in a random direction so I promptly put it back on.

Track bar? I wasn't aware that the Yj had a rear track bar. OR are you talking about the anti-sway bar in which case I would recommend ditching it unless you use your rig for towing you won't notice anything and it will improve your off-road performance quite a bit
The YJ did not come with a rear swaybar, but it did come with front and rear track bars (panhard bars).

I run a SOA setup with near stock springs and took off both trackbars and the swaybar. Not a bad ride at all. Since your 2.5" springs are stiffer than stock, you can likely take it all off as well.

Leave the rear trackbar off, and mess around with running with either the swaybar or front trackbar removed, or both. See what you like, chances are you will leave it all off.

Back