Looking for a jeep

nHoB

I found a 73 cj5 for $900. Would this be a good buy? Also it doesn't start, but it sounds like needs a battery. And it doesn't come with a title.

Sounds like the start of a trail rig.To obtain a new title can be a long and painful process.As far as just a battery I would take one with you to make sure.

no title , don't run, hand him $500. and be done thats cheap for a good platform for a rig , easiest way I know to obtain a title is claim it was a junk yard vehicle and apply for a salvage title , make sure you do your homework on what your state requires to make it legal , they will want receipts for all work done + all parts used believe most states require at least $4500. worth of pocket costs before they'll issue a salvage title and it must pass there inspection
that don't include cost of what you paid for it .they will tax it also with current new value not book value .
hope this helps you figuring out if you really want to take on this long process to satisfy your state requirments.
good luck with your decission :scratch:

I have purchased vehicles before where the owner had lost the title. The owner filled out a DMV duplicate title request form, signed it, and had it notarized. I used that in place of a the title when registering it and two weeks later received my new title in the mail. There may have been a $20 charge for the duplicate title or something like that, but it hasn't ever been a problem for me here in California. The important thing is that the seller has the necessary form notarized as required by the DMV. $900 seems like a good price if you can get it to run, otherwise maybe offer him less--it really depends on what is wrong with it.

image-missing.png

If you are close to Seattle, I have a '79 DJ5-G for $500 with title (it's 2wd and RH steering but I have a 4x4 trans core) It has a VW/Audi/Porsche (924) 2.0L motor with 904 auto.

Back