tires????

robo83

alright, im fairly new to jeeps and i bought one at the beggining of this summer. it already had so pro comp mud terrains on it but they are gettin bare. i use the jeep to get to and from school and the occasional muddin, but i do hunt and huntin starts saturday so its gonna start being in the woods more often. im not the serious kinda guy, i want a tire that will last on the road yet, i want somethin that will be good in the mud and on the trails.

let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Rob.

BFG A/Ts are my choice nice ride handle well on /off road

BFG AT like most others said or General AT2's are simular, I ran those for awhile and liked them. There are also several off brands now that are simular to the BFG at tread that are cheaper but do remember that many times you may get what you pay for.

thanks i like th bfg's, my buddy had the a/t's and they did good. i heard that the goodyear mud terrains were good, does anybody know about those?

After my MT/R's run dry I am going to switch to an all terrain tire as well. I was thinking BFG at first but I do like those wranglers as well....still going to be awhile yet, have plenty of time to decide....tons-o-options.

I"ve got a MasterCraft Courser M/T on my jeep now,they ride pretty good and they're cheaper than BFG A/T's which is what I had before. The A/T's were great on road but left me gettin stuck too much off road so i switched to M/T's but for driving back and forth to school I agree BFG A/T's are the ticket!

Pro Comp mt's are buy 3 get one free right now at most dealers. My bro-in-law has 'em and theyre great. i have goodyear mt/r kevlars. theyre quiet on the road and are awesome on rocks and mud.

I Run the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's right now. Love em. Handle well on road and will get u out of most anythin. Plus Mickey Thompson tires tend to hold up longer than BFG's. I was runnin BFG AT's and i would never recomend em to anyone who wants to actually use them offroad. AT's suck in mud.

The BF goodrich MT tires are nice and dont ride to bad.

The KM2's are surprisingly quiet for an aggressive thread (still, though, the AT's will be quiter) and handle very well on the road (both wet and dry). They are also much better in mud, and, of course, just look better IMHO.

I like them tall and skinny 33/950/15

3629d1253334837-what-wheels-tires-worked-what-lift-3395015.jpeg

im not to worried if they are quite or not, i have some big speakers :D that will cover up the tires. and i have brand new sups. thats not even broken in yet so, i wanna go with a mud terrain. i just dont know what to get for quality and price.

Thanks for everything so far guys.

i know a buncha guys in the tire business and they all reccomend the Mickey Thompsons. If you can find them at a buy 3 get 1 free or with a rebate it would be prime. But try 4wd.com. THey usually have great prices.

I really like my Toyo XTX. Haven't been in too much mud here in Northern Nevada this summer, but they seem to be a good trail tire with grip on rock and slick dirt. I mostly climb hills on old cattle trails to get to someplace new. 5,000 miles mostly off road and I'm happy with them.

I have had real good luck with d_ck cepek fun country II's. There quite and trail very well havent had any trouble in the snow either...

Back