91 yj want 6 in lift

Welcome to the Z.

There are no 6" lift kits out there, with the exception of maybe the Skyjacker monoleaf kit if it's still available, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Why do you want so much lift? What's your intended use for the jeep and intended tire size?

If you want that much of a lift do a SOA (spring over axle)lift. Other than that your best option would be a 4in lift with a 1in body lift. You really don't want to go more than a 1in body lift even though there are people that will say a 2in body is fine. Just my opion a 1in body is plenty.

im putting 35in tires on it and i dont want to rub so a 4in lift with a 1in BL will be fine without any rubbing im new to this any advice will help i just want it to flex without rubbing or breaking anything it has a 2 or 3in BL with 33's on it now it doesnt rub but i dont have any clearence and it does not flex at all with the stock springs so what would be a good 4in lift for it

im going 34's on 3.5" of lift. 2.5" suspension and 1" shackles. a 4" kit with 5\8" shackles and some tj flairs will be perfect for you

remember that a shorter cog is better. unless you want a 1980's looking mullet mobile with dual color matched shocks. if all else fails get tube fenders in the front and do custom high clearance tube flairs in the rear.

Stock springs will flex a LOT better than any 4" lift spring, a flatter spring flexes much better than arched springs. If it's flex you want, consider a spring-over using the stock springs. It's more work than a simple bolt-on 4" spring lift, but the pay-off is worth it.

I use a spring-over lift with stock springs, + a stock long leaf added to each spring pack for about 1" extra lift and longer spring life. I also have TJ fender flares and a 1" body lift and easily clear 36" tires. The TJ flares allow for a tire 1-2" larger than with the YJ flares.
SL740325JPG-1.jpg

Moon6-1.jpg

I have 3.5" of lift and 36" tires. You don't need 6" of lift.

BH they still make the monolinier lifts, a club member runs them on his YJ, they actually perform really well and are far more durable than I would have thought. I have bent more conventional springs than he has.

thanks for all the replies im sure ill have plenty of more questions before this jeep is done

Back