still torn between exhaust

imagrits101

ok, I have already made a post about this- i just need some more opinions! So I found out today that i had not 1, not 2, but 3 vaccum leaks, so i had to fix that. Then i had to adjust the timing..once all of that was said and done, the Jeep ended up being REALLY quiet. So i have looked into 3 different types of exhaust for my Jeep: Borla Cat back, Magnaflow, and Thrush welded. I will prob redo the whole system, as i want to have my exhaust split into 2 pipes, instead of one. I will eventually be looking into getting headers, but one thing at a time! :) if i can find a good sounding exhaust system without spending the $300-$500 for headers, that would be even better on the pocket book! So my question AGAIN, is what would u think would be best on my 4.2l? I have narrowed it down to these 3, but if yall can think of something even better please let me know!! Thanks in advance!

Do you plan on doing a lot of rock crawling? I'd hate to spend a bunch of money on an exhaust, only to have a rock rip it off.

I'd go with Magnaflow but i wouldn't split it into two for the sake of back pressure unless the headers are tuned to be split for two.

I run a cat back system personally and it sounds. Now my brother runs flowmaster on his 90 wrangler with a 4.2. It sound good and he paid half of what I did.

thanks. i know that my muffler guy would be able to tell me what would be best, BUT i wanted to ask someone who actually owned a Jeep! thanks again yall

I like my Thrush welded a whole lot, pretty sweet sound & not too loud.

Where abouts in S.C. are you, I'm in York county myself.
I have a club up here, called Lake Wylie Wheelers if you are interested.

From another SC guy, I love my Borla. It's just loud enough so people know it's there but not loud enough to annoy the ladies in the elementary school drop off line.

thanks guys!
buckshot500- im actually from Marietta SC, a really small town with one red light! (MUD CITY!!) York is up near Rock Hill right?

if you go rock crawling, I would avoid any cat back exhaust at all.

if the majority of the pipe is in good shape, just buy a muffler and cut the old out and replace it with a new one. your exhaust will get destroyed..

Here is my borla cat back after a couple years. Not worth the money.

th_908152-1.jpg

th_908154-1.jpg

th_908153-1.jpg

th_908151-1.jpg

if you go rock crawling, I would avoid any cat back exhaust at all.

if the majority of the pipe is in good shape, just buy a muffler and cut the old out and replace it with a new one. your exhaust will get destroyed..

Here is my borla cat back after a couple years. Not worth the money.

I guess that is not covered on their million mile warranty.

thanks guys!
buckshot500- im actually from Marietta SC, a really small town with one red light! (MUD CITY!!) York is up near Rock Hill right?

Yeah near Rock Hill, I'm actually in Clover. About 20 minutes north of that town, & 10 minutes from the town of York.
I'm on the member map on this board.

We only had one red light when I got here two years ago, now they added two more.:cry:

One of our members at CCOR goes by the username of MudCity.
You prolly know him.:)

hey, i'm running bankspower,stinger-system,made for 4.0L'S ,NOT TOO LOUD BUT YOU CAN HERE ME COMING. CALL FOR PRICE 800 601 8072

Back