Keeps blowing fuse #11

ecortez677

I have a 1997 jeep wrangler. Thr problem is that it keeps on blowing fuse #11. I have narrowed it to the torque converter clutch solenoid circuit. I have replaced the solenoid, drove it for a week and it blew the fuse again. I put 2 more fuses in and they blew. I disconnected the solenoid and no more blown fuses. The car sat for 5 days before ZI started to work on it again and noticed that the problem has went away. Could it be the PCM?

tj709166-1.gif

I would suspect the wiring before the component. check the red/light green ckt for an intermittent short to ground.

I am convinced that the cause for the intermittent short to ground is on the F12 circuit. The fuse will not blow if the short to ground occurs on the T23 circuit but instead will energize the TCC solenoid as soon as the PCM see's a 12 volt when the key is cycled to the run position. If the short to ground occurs Internal to the PCM, the ckt will shut down internally and would render the TCC solenoid inop. To me, this makes more sense rather than a bad PCM/TCM.

I physically checked the circuit for any shorts to ground. There were no shorts. Could The TCC be shorting out? again?

Hi I am new to this forum. I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty. I am having a problem with fuse #1 blowing. It went out on me back in the winter of this year. I put a new fuse in and had no problems. Until today while cooking Thanksgiving dinner and I hear this car horn going off. I go outside and its my. So I disconnect the fuse put a new one in and its still doing it. Its a 15amp fuse, so I decided to put a 10amp in. Still did it. I put a 5amp in and it stopped. But now Im afraid to leave that fuse it and it start doing it again. The horn is sort of a important part of the car and this fuse controls the the power windows too. Please help!!!!! Thanks.

The fuse would not be the issue if continuity is good going through the fuse and would not cause the horn to blow by itself. After looking at the schematic diagram of your 07 liberty, it appears that the relay for the power sun roof( if equipped) , power windows are all tied in to that circuit. The fact that the horn is energizing while its parked, it indicates either theres a short in the horn circuit or the theft detterent system is being triggered.

Hi I am new to this forum. I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty. I am having a problem with fuse #1 blowing. It went out on me back in the winter of this year. I put a new fuse in and had no problems. Until today while cooking Thanksgiving dinner and I hear this car horn going off. I go outside and its my. So I disconnect the fuse put a new one in and its still doing it. Its a 15amp fuse, so I decided to put a 10amp in. Still did it. I put a 5amp in and it stopped. But now Im afraid to leave that fuse it and it start doing it again. The horn is sort of a important part of the car and this fuse controls the the power windows too. Please help!!!!! Thanks.

Back