air intake

Jeepenstevo

i have a 1990 yj with a carb. I was wondering if anyone has made or heard of making a air intake tube or something to get rid of that damn air box> I think if u could put an new air intake it would make a world of diffrence>[addsig]

You are correct, many post in the back post area about different ways to do this and it really does make a big difference. Welcome Tug[addsig]

were in the back post can i find stuff about this? I looked and there is nothen for a 1990 yj with a carb. If anyone has some good ideas or has tried this please let me know.[addsig]

I finally finished my air intake!!! this post is running right now just a slight mod of this design and you have a great looking well made system! Giver a look I have a JY 87 with carb and I can see it working out just fine. [addsig]

I know how to make one for a fuel injected jeep but i have a carb. and i was wondering if anyone has made one for a jeep with a carb? It looks like it should be pretty easy. but i wonder if it will hurt the engine or something. Any help would be nice![addsig]

Hey Jeepenstevo, I almost bought a 1990 4.2 and I was planning on making a ram air system on it, but I ended up with a 1991 4.0 so my plans changed. Believe it or not I was going to cut a hole in my hood and buy a ram air system... the air filter housing looks like a regular one without the top on it and around the edge is rubber moulding with the scoop coming out of the middle which comes out of the hole in your hood. I don't know how you feel about choppin up your jeep though! a pic of the seal you want is below...
http://www.fordramair.com/SITE PAGES/new_seal_pics.htm[addsig]

Back