Flashers & Blinkers stumping me

PlasticNerd

My 2003 Wrangler Rubicon is having light troubles. First a fuse went out for stop lights, replaced it and all was well. Now flashers, blinkers and brake lights wont work ! Fuses are fine, replaced flasher, didnt help, replaced 1157 taillight bulbs, still wont work. Any ideas?

Check for battery voltage on brake lamp switch located on the upper area of the brake pedal. Look for the pink and dark blue wire. That's the lead from the fuse block and should always have battery voltage from the fuse block behind the glove box. Fuse #2. If it's good, check fuse # 13 and #1 behind the glove box and fuse # 27 on the PDC(Fuse Box) under the hood .If all these checks out good, report back and we'll go further diagnosing this concern.

Thanks SteelHeadz, will try those today. I checked all the fuses behind glove box, and under hood near air filter box, will ck power by brake switch at pedal though. PS- what started all this was when I was on the Rubicon Trail my tail pipe melted a couple wires that are for a towing harness that plugs into the factory light harness at the back on left and right. I removed the harness, plugged factory harness back, and things don't work. Is there a ground wire in the rear that isn't hooked up now, since I took the one off from the tow harness? Thx for the help, Gary.

Hey, Guess I needed my GLASSES on ! #27 20amp under hood was blown, my bad. Live and learn, thanks SteelHeads! Come up to NorCal and run the rubicon with us ! Gary.

Back