Home made mods.

Yeah, he must have stock in PEPSI!!
But he can`t be a true redneck, because I didn`t see any duct tape
under the hood. :funny:
One thing is for sure, the bottle opener could come in handy at the
:cookout: or :party:!!!

Haha, it's there!

It's just black, so it's harder to see!;)

i made a 2 inch body lift out of 11 pipe couplings and 22 washers welded together all for $11 and shock spacers so could use my stock shocks when i put my 3 in BB lift on. ill post pics tomorrow

I'm lovin you're setup there SteelHeadz!! You got all the essential stuff in there!

I`m sorry! I thought that was electrical tape.
You are truely a REDNECK! HAHAHA :pray:

Last edited:
I`m sorry! I thought that was electrical tape.
You are truely a REDNECK! HAHAHA :pray:

I think I ended up replacing that with zip ties at some point, but there is duct tape somewhere on that heep.

I lived in Pa. for 34 years, I am definitely a redneck!:lol:

I also made a high-lift carrier using fence post hardware.

DSC00175-1.jpg

DSC00080-3.jpg

DSC00081-3.jpg

Also, I got tired of replacing cracked vacuum lines, so I put some Pontiac hood louvers on my hood...

Attachments

• DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 621
  • DSC00089.jpg
    DSC00089.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 634
  • DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 646
Last edited by a moderator:
pretty much everything on my jeep is home fabbed.

Rockers, roll cage, bead locks, skid plate, all the brackets on my axle, my cold air intake center console, and plenty more I can't think of...

Right now I am making my own Hi-line tube fenders and Rad Hoop out of 1.25" DOM, and a 4 link rear.

Attachments

• S1034673.jpg
    S1034673.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,871
I added an electrical outlet to my dash.

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 971

Great Mods Guys! We have some very talented metal fabricators on the site! :welder:

A friend asked if I could fabricate some mounting brackets for clevis pin for his rear bumper. I took some pictures on the front of my jeep to give an Idea they could work there too with a little extension. I was at my local farm supply store when I came across some real heavy duty strap barn hinges. They are one and three quarters of an inch wide and 3 eights of an inch thick. Have drilled holes and will be runnig a weld bead all around the strap and then will temper it for more tensil strength. Dry fitted the on the rear bumper and it looks good.

I know some will say they are not heavy enough and I also had that thought. So I frbracited one took it to a friend who load tests crains. The strap parted at 7450 pounds so yes they will be good for pulling you out of the mud.

Attachments

• 100_0268.JPG
    100_0268.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_0267.JPG
    100_0267.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 248
  • 100_0265.JPG
    100_0265.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 328
It's connected to an inverter mounted under the hood.

I still need to get the stuff for my alt/welder to use the DC power for tools.
I tossed around the idea of an inverter, but think further modding the welder will be more cost effective. I already have the hand throttle.

Is that connected to a regular inverter, or are you running it off an alternator/welder?

I have a 1500 watt inverter cool idea and I think it will fit in the dash behind the glove box. I would mount it under the hood but I am toying with installing a dual charging system. The additional battery tray is there just need the cables, switch and hook ups. I put the winch kill switch where where the spare switch bank is it worked out well and looks like an OEM job.

I have a 1500 watt inverter cool idea and I think it will fit in the dash behind the glove box. I would mount it under the hood but I am toying with installing a dual charging system. The additional battery tray is there just need the cables, switch and hook ups. I put the winch kill switch where where the spare switch bank is it worked out well and looks like an OEM job.

Would 1500 watts be enough to run say a right angled grinder, or sawzall?

My alternator/welder is unregulated & puts out 220 amps. Supposedly running up the rpm's will also increase voltage. With a meter I'll be able to set it at 110 volts. Not sure how many amps will be put out at that voltage though.

I am thinking an ammeter might be helpful here.

Might be too much for a power tool.:?::?::?:

Would 1500 watts be enough to run say a right angled grinder, or sawzall?

My alternator/welder is unregulated & puts out 220 amps. Supposedly running up the rpm's will also increase voltage. With a meter I'll be able to set it at 110 volts. Not sure how many amps will be put out at that voltage though.

I am thinking an ammeter might be helpful here.

Might be too much for a power tool.:?::?::?:

Volts x Amps = Watts, a 1500 watt inverted will run anything up to 12.5 amps. I have runs skill saws, small table saws, drills, key machines, routers all using my 1500 watt inverter and it will run a small air compressor too.

Volts x Amps = Watts, a 1500 watt inverted will run anything up to 12.5 amps. I have runs skill saws, small table saws, drills, key machines, routers all using my 1500 watt inverter and it will run a small air compressor too.

Thanks for that info, an inverter I can buy whole, will be easier than cobbling it onto my welder. I'ma get one next time I go to Northern Tools!:idea:

Homemade front bumper
jeep stuff 001.jpg

cut up and extended CJ7 flat front fenders, shackle reversal with outboarded springs tied into winch plate, bumper, and frame
jeep stuff 002.jpg
rear ice chest gas can and water can carrier receiver hitch mount
jeep stuff 011.jpg
tube doors,
jeep stuff 004.jpg
oil pan skid plate
jeep stuff 010.jpg
also not pictured: high lift jack mount inside on roll cage, u-bolt skid plates.

3654d1253648179t-home-made-mods-jeep-stuff-002.jpg

How does the front suspension handle on road and off? You lost a lot of ground clearance by mounting the shackle below the frame, did you consider mounting it up higher so the spring eye is even with the front spring eye? Many cut and sleeve the frame in order to do this, for you it may be as easy as moving the outboard shackle perch upward and moving the forward spring hanger down.

I like the tube doors! If only I had a tube bender,
welder, & the skills I could make my own!! :lol: LOL
I feel like everyone that has posted so far has some
really good home made mods.

Last edited:
Back