Home made mods.

I havn't had a chance to put any mileage on the suspension yet; I had thought about trying to put a sleeve through the frame but wasn't sure how I could do that and outboard the springs at the same time to allow for the Dana 44 front end to fit. I trimmed the fenders considerably and installed a long travel front driveshaft so hopefully I won't have any issues under compression and extension.

I think your main issues will be ground clearance at the shackle if you take it offroad, and onroad handling as the front axle will move rearward quite a bit more when you hit a bump since the leaf spring is not level.

Home grown fabrications. Left top, Rifle Rack. Holds 3 rifles. Top middle, Built the Light bar and the front bumber with a winch plate. Top right, Custom dash board with a locking glove box that houses the radio, cb and pistol safe. water proof. Bottom left , Rear bumper with a hidden locking recovery box, nurf bars corner/ side armour, heavy duty tire carrier. Bottom middle, Folding game carrier.

Hey Mikey, I bet your rig weighs 9,000 pounds with all of the artillery and armor! :lol::lol::lol:

I modded up a dome light on / off switch to use a hard top rear wiper button. Now, when I take my doors off, I can just flip a switch and have my dome lights off.

Attachments

• IMG_0061_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    IMG_0061_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 1,404
  • wiperswitch_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    wiperswitch_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • finished_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    finished_wrangler_dome_light.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 1,243
Back