ok guys need some help (lift, tires, gearing)

Dan9

hey guys, idk if anyone remembers me, haha, i bought my jeep last year and have been saving up for a lift and tires on and off for the past year. since then ive basically just been reading and posting very little. Well, i got to about $2000 to spend on lift, tires, and rims. my jeep has 3.73 gears, auto transmission, and 6 cyl. until a couple weeks ago i was pretty sure about what my plan was but now im second guessing all my plans and now the only thing i know for sure is 15x8 cragar soft 8s in black and some size of BFG KM2s. i really would like 32" tires. is 32 still too big for my 3.73 gears? also, i would like to go with the 3" BDS lift but am nervous that it is going to be too much lift for 32s. i think it would be perfect for 33s though:???: should i go with 32s with the RC 2.5 lift instead? the problem im thinking is that i have a feeling the BDS is going to net closer to 4" which is definitely too small for 32s. idk, please reassure me so i can finally place this order!!! thanks guys cant wait to do this.

A lot of different ways this could go, what is the end result you desire and what is the intended purpose of the vehicle?

Do you want to have a fun cruising jeep with big tires and still managable to drive?

will your jeep be used offroad beyond fire roads and mud holes?

if you want to go with option 1, I would go with a BB and some 32's, don't worry about regearing. the factory put the same setup with 30" tires, 32's are not that much different.

If your leaning Option 2 I would go with the 2.5" lift and some 33's, put some cash into lock rights front and rear. again wouldn't worry about gearing right away. in the future I would look to sell your gears and lockers and then upgrade to a full carrier locker like a detroit or arb and some 4:56 or 4:88 gears

thanks! basically i am looking for a good mix of the two. mostly a cruising jeep though because it has to be my DD and there is no way around that. so are u thinking the 3" BDS will be too much lift for 32s?

not neccesarily too much. it will work. most 32" tires will measure a little small, a 32" bfg AT does not measure a full 32", comes in a little less.

I don't want to tell you how to spend your money but my suggestion would be if your hell bent on 32" tires. buy them, buy your lift and put it on as well, if it looks a little goofy to you, either sell the 32's and buy 33's or next time you need tires, just buy 33's

Back