Should I replace my 2" spacers with new 2.5" coil springs

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I went offroading I wasn't real happy with my setup. I have a 2" budget boost (spacers on top of my coils). When I really flexed out, I came within an inch or so of breaking my flexible brake line in the front, and my coil looked like it could have fallen out of the bucket.

So, I'm looking to improve my setup a bit. Do you guys think that I should get new 2.5" springs and longer front brake lines? If so, and recommendations?

hi terry,
i did the same boost last year on my 05 rubi (i commented about you using your converse to muscle the rear springs back in). i have a similar problem in that my front took a nose dive after installing my winch. i was thinking of the rancho 2.5" coils from partsgeek.com or should i go to 3".

I've heard that 2" is the magic number, where if you go higher you could have some driveline angle problems, but I'm hoping to get an expert to chime in.

Sar-ree, ain't no expert but Jeeps ordinarily (since day one) have a crossmember for the transmission/TC and you can drop that with spacers to get angles back. But I have heard that about 2-2.5 is about it unless you do the spacer thing.:?|

Back