Shocks hitting back axle

Old Sgt

:D:D I installed a pair of back leaf spring, a friend gave me, they looked better than the ones i had, so what the heck, they were free...set them side by side with the old ones the height and length were the same, but seamed heaver. Problem was i had to install the shocks with the boots down becouse the body of the shock was hitting the axle and could install top bolt. The jeep was on jacks so would this make a driffrece. Is this a problem, do i need shims ??

It depends on what kind but USUALLY you can hang a shock either way. I've hung them boot up and boot down and it never seemed to make a difference.

What if i installed 2.1/2 degree shims to move the angle of the bottem shock mount, wouldnt this work, after putting the new old'' rear springs on the back it was higher.

Degree shims are meant to be a band-aid fix for the pinion angle. Using them to relocate your shocks could give you some serious vibrations if you don't check the pinion angle first.

You can get brackets that mount further up the frame to change the angle of teh shocks. Make sure your pinion angle is correct!

Ok Ill ck it out after it comes off the jack stands, changing fluids right now. Also have to pick up a angle gage. Keep you posted. Thanks guys......

Back