anyone running a 2.5" lift with 1" lift shackles on a YJ?

hi_c

if so tell me how you like it and what size tires you run. How does it flex? Any sag in the leaf springs? how much?

I need help in deciding between 2.5in lift and 4in lift. I already got the lift shackles, my target tire is 32s and it's my daily driver. I go jeepin about 2x month and want good performance but need to be stable on the roads as well. thanks in advance for your feedback.[addsig]

i think it'll look goofy if you get a 4" lift and only put 32's on there... i'd get the 2.5" lift...[addsig]

I have a 2.5 inch Old Man Emu lift with revolver shackles which raise it about 3/4 of an inch. I run 31's. Don't have any problems with them rubbing on the street and I could fit 32's if I wanted. They rub a lot off road...you need the proper sized bump stops on your axles or you will cut up your tires on the metal lip inside your wheel well where your flares screw onto. I've stuffed my tires into the wheel wells without the proper sized bump stops and have actually bent my front fenders up. I think with 32's I'd probably go with a 4 inch lift...at least then you have more choices available to you...you can run a 31 inch if you want or even a 33. I went with the 2.5 inch lift so I could still park in my garage and underground parkades.[addsig]

BigBlackJeep has SOA and lift shackles for a total of about 7 inches... he runs 32's and it looks just fine... it leaves great room for flex too[addsig]

go for the 4 inch lift hiC....i am running 32's under a 4inch lift, shackles, and 2 inch body lift...it wont look bad with only 32"s and it leaves you with enough room to flex and to move up to a larger tire when the budget permits it... west747[addsig]

Back