yj from 2.5 to diesel

VinMan

I have a 94 yj and throwing in the rough country 4 inch suspension lift this weekend. I am going to go with 33s when spring gets here. Being that I live around alot of hills and the 2.5 forces to make them with my 245s on it I want to do an engine swap in the spring. I am really leaning toward diesel and preferebly a 6 cylinder. It is my daily driver and I do a lot of local towing (sleds, quads,campers and tool trailers) Any suggestions on the easiest, more efficient swap motor size and transmission/drivetrain?

depending on the diesel, a 6 cyl might be a tad bit big. the 4bt is a common swap and even it makes for a tight engine bay.

For a very long time I planned on swapping in a Turbo Diesel 4cyl from a mercedes, I have read that they can be easily mated to GM standard transmisions. I have no actula experience for this though. I am still waiting for the motor in my jeep to die... gonna be a long wait.

I have a 4bt in my TJ, it is not an easy swap and requires a fair amount of fabrication skills. It is not a cheap swap, and don't expect to get 30mpg high tens-low 20mpg is more realistic.
4bt swaps is a good site.

Back