what does quot mean

Quot, spelled quote, pronounced kwout, I believe derived from a German word, qoite, meaning throwing target (skeet, clay pidgeon) or perhaps the french word for squat. :lol:

edited by: MudderChuck, Jan 30, 2003 - 02:59 AM[addsig]

Quot, spelled quote, pronounced kwout, I believe derived from a German word, qoite, meaning throwing target (skeet, clay pidgeon) or perhaps the french word for squat. :lol:

What he said

quote[addsig]

College boys man with all the troubles of owning a jeep how can you go looking for mis spelled words and typo's. Gee's you must have been beat as a small child alot on the bus. ;-) :-O ;-) Tug[addsig]

I'm pretty sure that when you see quot written in a post, it's actually just where someone tried to use quotation marks. for some reason when you try to type in quotation marks, the webpage doesn't recognize them and writes quot instead. just a formatting error or something in the web programming. no word etymology necessary. :) [addsig]

Yeah, that's been happening since they performed the upgrade (two days ago?) Looks like some tweaking
to some PHP code may be necessary... It seems to happen when a person clicks "quote" underneath a specific
message, the code that created the line above and below the quoted text no longer appears.

For example, in terrymason's post above, I didn't see a URL or an image. I saw the tags around file locations.
Could be because I don't allow javascript, but it wasn't happening before the upgrade.

Cooper.

edited by: jcooper, Jan 30, 2003 - 09:21 AM[addsig]

I guess spelling is important (and format) to avoid misunderstanding, but being married to a school teacher, we have often had the discussion, as to wether language is fixed or fluid. My point being, if it´s understandable it´s good enough, no matter how it´s spelled. But I guess to avoid trouble, it´s better to spell correctly, but then most times pronounciation will get you in trouble. Dusche in german means shower, as in "I´m going to take a shower", pronounced "douche" in English, almost made me swallow my gum the first time I heard it. Ain´t language fun? Sorry about the etymology. :-D

edited by: MudderChuck, Jan 30, 2003 - 09:24 PM[addsig]

Hmmm, sombody musta fixed somthing... Now I can see the smiley faces, the lines above and below
quoted text, and the image in terrymason's post. Thanks to whoever fixed it!

Cooper.[addsig]

Back