Max Lift and Tires

redwrangler02

What would be recommended for max tire and lift for a daily driver? I have an 02 wrangler sport with 4.0 I6 with 5 spd standard, and just put 4:10 true lock gears in the rear, and will do the same to the front once I pay off the rear haha. It has a 2 inch coil spacer lift with 33 inch a/t tires now. I want to eventually make it as awesome as possible, being able to hit the trails and such, with it still being my daily driver.

I know a few people that run 4" lift with 35" or 36" as daily drivers.They have no problems on the road with them.If the lift is done correctly really should not matter how big the lift is.

Does anybody think a 6in suspension kit with 35's would be too much for a daily driver?

I think it may be a bit much red. 4 inches on 33's is what I run on my 00' and just made a trip to Moab and back from Kentucky. A strong headwind and crosswinds made the ride a bit wallowy but I adjusted my driving by slowing to 60mph and it stabilized and ran just fine.

But my setup is fine for 50 mile round trip everyday back and forth from work and I could probably go a little bit bigger but unfortunately the handling will be even worse so I'm going to keep it where it is for now.

Hope this helps.

If I were to get a 6in suspension kit, am I able to buy a kit with everything I need? Or would I have to get other parts as well? What are some recommended companies that are reasonably priced, as well as decently made? I know it wouldn't be even remotely close to cheap, but I'm just trying to do my homework before I jump into this, and make sure I know what I'm getting into and make sure I'm getting the right stuff.

Red,

I'm thinking of going with a 2" coil spacer lift and either 31's or 33's on my '02 Wrangler Sahara. Could you post a pic of yours? I'd love to see what it looks like. Tks.

Depending on the sacredness of you Jeep, I would trim out the fenders and keep everything as you have now.

just put 4:10 true lock gears in the rear, and will do the same to the front once I pay off the rear haha.

You and I both. :lol:

HAHAHA! I think I'm coming down with a case of big-o-rexia. My jeep just looks pathetic to me. It's gotten to the point where 6 inches of lift doesn't quite sound like enough. :( sad day. I love my money pit though, wouldn't trade it for the world.

Collin, how does your jeep feel with the new gears? Do you use 5th gear basically all the time now rather than not ever using it before? And what about the speedometer situation? Mine feels way off, ad I haven't had a chance to check it yet because I just put the gears in less than a week ago.

Assuming you're running a 4.0L with 3.07 gears anything larger than 33's would totally suck without regearing... Even with 33's you're pretty close to making 5th gear useless...

image-missing.png
Here is acouple old pictures of my TJ, I'll take some more tomorrow when it's light outside haha

Attachments

• My_Jeep_1.JPG
    My_Jeep_1.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 519
  • My_Jeep_2.jpg
    My_Jeep_2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 606
Jason4x4- your Jeep looks great.

How wide are your tires?
Are those stock rims?
Where did you purchase your lift?

Thanks.

The tires are 32x11.5x15. I bought my Jeep new, it came with the 30" Goodyear GSA's. I bought the 2" Rubicon Express budget lift (spring spacers and shocks) from either 4wd hardware or from Quadratec (I think it was Quadratec). I had only intended on buying 31" tires but I found too good of a deal to pass up on the 32s. The only issue is they rub on the swaybar if you have the steering wheel cut all the way in one direction or the other. Usually not a problem though...and this could be corrected with either wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with more offset (yes, those are the stock 15" wheels). And I've done blue trails at both the old Paragon park and Rausch Creek with no problems with this setup. I'm currently working on upgrading to a 4" lift and some 1.25" wheel spacers (I like the look of those stock wheels).

Collin, how does your jeep feel with the new gears? Do you use 5th gear basically all the time now rather than not ever using it before? And what about the speedometer situation? Mine feels way off, ad I haven't had a chance to check it yet because I just put the gears in less than a week ago.

Well, I haven't driven it for extended periods of time yet, but I got to fifth gear very quick. Before, I was using fifth with 2.73's, but that gave me crap for gas mileage. I was bogging it down unknowingly.

And about the speedometer, I'm going to buy a tach. That way I'll just remember at which rpms my engine will be turning in a specific gear for 25mph, 30mph, etc. I'll probably print out some sheet with my speed limits/rpms and laminate it on my dash... or speedo. After a while I'll probably just remember the rpms. Oh yeah, I'll use 4LO.COM :: On-Line Gear/Tire Size Calculators rmp calculator. Now all I have to do is buck up and buy the 30 odd dollar tach at a car wal mart.

And yeah, my speedo is non existant. I was going maybe 50, but my speedo said 65.

Here are some recent photos of my jeep

Attachments

• DSCN3354.JPG
    DSCN3354.JPG
    711.5 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN3356.JPG
    DSCN3356.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 266
As for your peeling fender flares, my guess is that a previous owner may have sprayed them with some sort of paint or coating to keep them from looking all faded like normal, and maybe they didn't prep them properly so it's peeling (or maybe they're just that old that it's wearing off). I've recently discovered that if you wash your Jeep on a fairly regular basis that "tire-wet" type products make the faded flares look like new and hold up relatively well (lasts about a week or so depending on how much rain there is). I specifically use Meguiar's NXT "Insane Shine" for this purpose. Your mileage may vary, however. If it doesn't bother you, you can of course just leave it as it is.

Nice Jeep, by the way.

Thanks, and I think I'm gonna leave them as they are, because it really doesn't bother me. I was just curious.

Back