wiring issues

bootguy

Has anyone out there used the "Painless" brand wiring kits. I had 2 people tell me it would cost less to rewire my sons 94 wrangler than it would be to fix the wiring issues.

painless is for a jeep-chevy-ford and any other brand name parts you can find. the wiring gives you the basic wiring required to make a motor run and the lights to work. they are a good brand but painless ...lol

if your sons jeep is standard then scrap yard harness is the way to go im sure someone on here knows where to get it or has one. if you have a 350 v8 or something like that transplanted then maybe the painless kit is worth the money. on the yj i found a wiring diagram for free on the net which i used to sort out the mess on my friends rig. the best investment in money when it comes to wiring is to teach yourself how to read factory wiring diagrams.

so what have you got and how badly is it damadged. normal ones are engine fire - bubba fixed the radio - bolted the rear loom in the transmission - got a cheap motor and it fitted - etc

Parts of the wiring harness are just chopped at the firewall and then there are new wires run to make things work. I know how to read diagrams and rewire, i just do not have the time or the place to do it. I know if I do it, I will go all "Tim the tool man Taylor" on it. not always bad, but can get very expensive.

Back