another cold air question...

zowtiak

The concept looks pretty simple. But I cannot discern the difference between the $100 cold air intake system and the $300 cold air intake system. Ebay even has them for $49. how much can they vary? The filter looks the most unique part on it and i guess i could put a K$N on any of the tubes.
Thoughts?

The pricier versions generally have more R&D put into them and include a heat/splash shield to improve performance and extend filter life. The cheaper versions are not made very well, cheap tubes and filters that tend to fall apart. You get what you pay for.

Check Rusty's Offroad for affordable K&N setups.

I got mine from ebay.$60 delivered to my door.Looks like a air raid system but a lot cheaper.came with heat shield.

The filter itself and the material that the tube is made of are the important things. You want the air to stay as cold as possible that's coming in so you want the tube to be made out of something that stays colder (like the polyethylene ones that K&N uses). Anything like aluminum or any other type of metal is a little less desirable.

I would have to look for pics. Just a (I think) 4" dia steel street 90* elbow with a length of 4" dia tube tig welded together, got the rest of the parts at autozone.

great article. It looks like they all got 8-10 more hp, except for the last one.
I think i am going to do the homemade one for now.

That is some good info because I want a cold air intake. What about a larger throttle body spacer that many mfg's are offering?
Is it worth it??

Thanks!

Back