Jeep accident

sft4life

i just came upon this video on YouTube. I figured i would share it with you guys as you might appreciate knowing that Rusty's track bars are terrible!!

youtube.com/watch?v=CLNc7Lfkktg

This will make it a little easier for everyone, here's your video!

That guy is lucky to be walking, if that's him beside the jeep!

The tie rod looked intact it was the tie rod end that broke. I'm just wondering what this guy was doing to kill that wheel. Wonder how much air he had in the tires and those beadlocks weren't DOT approved and weren't balanced.

Yes, those guys are lucky to be walking... Looks like there were two on board (you can hear one ask the other about his wallet... "I think you put it in the center console..." or something like that). Looks like the wheel might have stress cracked part way around the bolt circle and then let go. The lug nuts were still all on the studs. Looks like there are some clean breaks between some of the lug holes (the stress cracks) and one "ripped" area where it finally let go. The track bar maybe snapped during the roll. I wonder if he might have had the side bars removed from the windshield? (or maybe had the windshield down? ). I'm a little surprised to see it totally flattened. -John

This is precisely why I'm keeping my B on DESERT DIRT when she's done, that pavement is just too rough on these Jeeps. :shock:

Gosh, those guys seemed to be in pretty good spirits after killing the rubicon, but I guess they were just happy to be alive.

A roll bar should withstand a roll over. That's ridiculos that that bar crushed in like that.

Well, first of all, I don't know how many times that Jeep went over, but a typical roll bar is actually only designed to survive one roll. If you go over and over multiple times there is a good chance a roll bar will flatten or deform somewhat. Secondly, I don't think the "Sport Bar" in a Wrangler is really designed for much use as a roll bar anyway...so if a Wrangler flips more than once, what you see in the video is pretty much what I'd expect to see.

A roll bar should withstand a roll over. That's ridiculos that that bar crushed in like that.

Well, first of all, I don't know how many times that Jeep went over, but a typical roll bar is actually only designed to survive one roll. If you go over and over multiple times there is a good chance a roll bar will flatten or deform somewhat. Secondly, I don't think the "Sport Bar" in a Wrangler is really designed for much use as a roll bar anyway...so if a Wrangler flips more than once, what you see in the video is pretty much what I'd expect to see.

Yeah, who cares if it got a little flattened? They both lived and walked away from it. That in itself is amazing. If it were any other car they would probably be on life support.

The factory bars bolt to the windshield frame. How strong could they be.

I've suggested to the wife that I need a full cage, I think I'm going to show the video. With any luck, I'll be looking to put a cage in come tax return.

I've suggested to the wife that I need a full cage, I think I'm going to show the video. With any luck, I'll be looking to put a cage in come tax return.

Tell her that you are willing to compromise. You feel you need a full cage, she does not. So.... tell her that you are only going to put a cage on your side. Show her the pictures. I think she will them vote for the FULL cage.

Back