vibration me crazy

wattsup

Recent lift install w/ new trans mount. Vibration noticed in drive while sittin at a stop. Less vib in neutral? Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thanx

sound like a u-joint has gone bad. lifting it you took out the rear u-joint it has happened before.

If the vehicle is stopped when it is vibrating I wouldn't think it would be a u-joint. When you installed the lift did you leave the transmission bolts(the 2 on the bottom that locate it on the skid) a little loose and drive around the block before tightening them? When I installed my lift I had a similar vibration and this fixed it.

I agree, I don't think it is the U-joint either. I say even if you DID remember to tighten them, after a new install you should go over ALL the threaded fasteners several times to ensure they are torqued properly after being driven because just regular motor vibes can work them loose again.

:agree:

Well when you drop the transmission/transfer case or in his case install a new transmission mount it helps to leave the nuts slightly loose, drive around the block to let the transmission shift around to where it wants to sit, then tighten them down there.

I would recheck the tcase crossmember/cover bolts....
It was all messed up from the rocks-gotta check the bolts again-just feels like the trans or transfer not right! drives fine except I miss my v-8 cj power!

CHANGED fluid and filter-checked all bolts-had it on a lift ran thru gears-STILL VIBRATING WHILE TRANS ENGAGED at a stop! What is the problem? Anyone have torque converter knowledge?

vibrating....can you give more details on this.

vibration: a rattling noise? great big knocking? shakes the truck? etc

maybe a torn engine mount from tilting the motor during trans mount install. shift cable/transfer case cable out of adjustment. u joint if it was real bad. low rpm at idle. in drive power is still being transfered to the rear and the jeep is being held back by the brakes so any part of the engine-drive line can be at fault

check motor mounts one may have busted loose

While stopped the vibration is in the cab and shakes everything! We checked under the drivetrain on the lift and nothing gave us a clue. As soon as you're off the gas and on the brake it starts,shift to nuetral and it lessens??? wt...

flexplate to torque converter bolts.
engine to transmission bolts
busted motor mount
that is all i can think of right now.

Update on unlimited pain in my a..SOLD the pos and now want another JEEP.Someone please talk me out of it!!!! BTW was told through a dealer the vibration at idle was O2 sensors??!! BS.... Lookin for a used CJ again..wow prices have increased and they are all older and the same pieces of junks.Good luck 2 all!

Umm i dunno if i can talk you out. Once you pop you cant stop lol. Its only money. You cant die with it might as well spend it.

Back