air hog vs k&n

zowtiak

I did some "googling" and found it to be 50-50. anyone here use the air hog? I was able to get an Airhog for $8 vs the $45 for a K&N, so that almost made it a no brainer.
Thoughts?

IMO, you get what you pay for. K&N filters are less likely to allow large particles to pass through the filter than the cheaper clones out there. They may look the same but the compromise is far from being the same performance. In the long run, you will find out how much harmfull particles was able to pass thru the $8.00 filter. Finding out the specs. on the filter will help you determine if it's really worth it or not.

Let me start with, I've never used Airhog, with that said I will say once I find something I like I stick with it. When ever I get a new vehicle first two things, last time on the way home from the dealer, I get a K&N filter,(if I don't have the $ for a K&N cold air intake), and a cat back flowmaster 40 series delta flow. I've never been impressed with the optima batteries, I buy generic but air filters, K&N is tried and proven for me. Flowmaster out the back:shades: That's my two cents . . .keep the change.

I used K&N, and switched to the AirHog. I have noticed the inside of the airbox and the tube has less dust with the airhog than it used to have with the K&N, so I am sticking with the airhog. That, and the fact that the Airhog was free (there was a special offer in Amazon where they actually gave me one dollar more than what the airhog and shipping was) made it perfect for me!

Back