97 Wrangler not starting..neutral safety switch?

mshijack

97 Wrangler 6 cyl will not start, been having to pump clutch pedal and it would eventually hit, but today nothing..replaced relay switch at area top front of clutch arm under dash, and tried putting fuse in #20 slot in fuse box behind glove compartment....how can i dismantle this p.o.s. system?

Last edited:

Dismantle what?, what information are you looking for?. Try disconnecting the clutch pedal switch and install a jumper across the terminal then try to start it. Make sure it's not in gear. see if it starts then.

thanks..by dismantling, I am referring to bypass this system...I am assuming that the relay switch I replaced at the pedal is the wiring for the neutral safety system?

trial and error, been doing that for about two years...had times where no problem, but times there were, if trying to crank and nothing happened, I could forcefully stomp on clutch pedal and it would crank no problem, assuming the relay was sticking and it would release...knew it would eventually need repairs but put off inevitable...if not that, what else would it be...switch is tight, no other electrical issues...akso, used that method yesterday it it cranked once..

Back