Wiper Blades

I've used "Trico NeoForm Beam Blades" for almost a year now. AWESOME!! At the same time I tried Aquapel Glass Treatment because I'm too lazy to put Rain-X on every two weeks. They said the Aquapel would last 4-6 months and they didn't lie. I got 6 months easily out of one application. The combo between the wipers and glass treatment is pimp fo sho...

BTW, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForm Beam Blades through May 15th 2010. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30). Not sure when it expires... Godspeed

:shades:

I had that problem of the wipers chattering across the windshield, leaving black streaks, i switched to Rainex washer fluid, problem solved !

in addition to rain x blades(which really aren't all that great,IMHO),and oddly enough,the premium lattitude series,which has a clear blade,conveniently is seemingly unavailable in 13",i regularly use both the orange rain x stuff in washer,apply the rain x every couple of weeks,and when i wash at the coin-op car wash,i spray the heck out of all glass with the wax/clear coat protector.this seems to work fairly well for me.just put new blades on,will see how long they last.since i only got the golduster last august,i can't yet say about longevity,but the blades i just pulled off were ironically enough rain x,and they lasted 7 months for sure!

oddly enough,the premium lattitude series,which has a clear blade,conveniently is seemingly unavailable in 13"

In 11" & 13" you'll find some choices/variety in the conventional framed wiper. The parts are out there but most stores don't stock them.

If you want to upgrade to the newer-style, frameless wipers, you are correct - the smallest most companies have is 16" which doesn't help Wrangler owners out too much. I've only found one 14": Trico NeoForm Beam Blade (as I mentioned above - see my post).

duesnt seem to matter what brand i use they dont last rain x on the windows makes a difference,my jeep sees a lot of mud, i buy 3 sets of cheapest i can find for summer,one set of winter wiper blades for winter

duesnt seem to matter what brand i use they dont last rain x on the windows makes a difference,my jeep sees a lot of mud, i buy 3 sets of cheapest i can find for summer,one set of winter wiper blades for winter

If you like Rain-X, you'll love Aquapel Glass Treatment. If you put it on now, you won't have to worry about it until September. The water will roll right off the glass and you'll find its easier to clean the mud and bugs off the glass...debris simply can't stick to the glass as much. The best part is that you won't have to put it on every 2 weeks or every time you wash the jeep...

:D :D :D :D

BTW DO NOT use ANY OTHER 'scouring cleaner'. Ajax etc WILL ruin your windshield. Only use the Bon Ami product.
I ran out last week giving all the vehicles a spring cleaning. I use up a can maybe every two years. Looked everywhere for more Bon-Ami, finally found it at True Value Hardware.

RainX and Bosch have been the best for me...even under the blazing southern sun. But, like others have posted, decreasing the friction on the wiper blades helps them last longer. If you give the windshield a RainX coating every couple of months, it will help alot. Also, I manually adjust my wipers after it rains so they aren't always bent in one direction (a little anal, I know, but it helps). My last set of blades lasted over a year.

One more point to add to this old thread:
DON'T USE THE SQUEEGEE AT GAS STATIONS!
People use them to clean gas off the side of their car and the gas will eat your blades in no time flat!

What a hot summer in Wisconsin for a change...brutal on the exterior rubber. Need to get outside and see what the condition of the wipers is for the upcoming winter. I think I was doing ok until we got hammered with bugs this August. I think bugs are more brutal to the wipers than ice... :cry:

Back