Problem(doors/top)Gap/Rain

cali_92

alright. so long story..
i have a two piece hard top with half doors with upper slidding window for my 92 yj.
it all works great. except the top weighs about 500lbs and hangs in my step dads garage above a car with no engine(the only spot it would fit to store it during summer). to get to it i have to move my 64 ranchero, step dad move his mercedes and his 67 chevy. roll out the mustang no engine (we're not rich) im on a budget. then back up jeep carry top to jeep then move all cars back etc .....

so i bought a used 93 soft top with hardware cheap under $100(a steal) nothing wrong with it. but its nvr that perfect. nothing works out that good 4 me. it works except for the gap between the top and my upper hard slidder windows. its BS.
so now im looking for squared upper front window but of course they cost more then my top and hardware.
so maybe door surrounds? nope just as expensive. i tried making a pair, but flew away on the freeway once i hit 63. and they looked ghetto
should i look for like a full door.
idk
my doors got keyed so im going to paint them black to change up the look anyways.
looking for suggestions....
the rain is kicking my ass.

o and does anyone know y water is coming into my jeep from Behind the dash. like dripping on my legs as i drive it adds up and not fun. i've tapped up the vent it helps a lil but idk what going on. i've replaced my stereo unit twice now and it just rained and stereo not workin again so im about to replace it again. Pain in the Ass!

if something is unclear reply and ask i"ll clear it up for u
its a lot of stuff.
i check just about everday multiple times so light it up.
thnx

Last edited:

the water coming in my jeep after i got it was from a drip tube under the jeep--i think it is to drain the water from between the tub and the front end--right below the air intake--mine was closed shut almost completely and was full of dirt and debris--

yea but the water comin in is from behind my dash.
where all the electrical is. it drips from my pedals, off of my stereo, idk how its getting in, the only thing is the vent that lets air in for th heater but i tapped it up. thats probably y im having trouble with my light and stereo ha. not funney
i even replaced the seal at the joint where the front window can fold forward becasue i thought that was the problem last rain season. i forgot what it was called. fml

My niece a leaky windshield in another car and this is what it did... it ran and dripped from all behind the dash. When they took the windshield out you could see the rust and crap from where it had been leaking for a long time even though the thing looked fine from the outside.

Back