Advice Needed

Operation 4x4

hey all,
Im looking at a couple lifts at my jeep right now and im having trouble deciding on what to get. I was aiming at something near 4 inches but dont wanna spend the 600 or 700 dollars plus for the kit. How does a 2.5'' spacer lift with a 1'' body lift sound?

Any advice is welcome
Thanks

cheap way go to a junk yard find 2 sets of f150 coils adds 3 inch prob run about $125 for springs ,I'd rather do springs than spacers anyday

may need to extend brake lines and change shocks out is about it

this is considered a poor mans lift but works very well

what kinda shocks should i get?
haha agreed.
Here were i live on sundays the local junkyard has a special.
Anything you can carry for 60 bucks
haha :D

any shock you like but wait till springs are installed to take your measurements for shock legnth both flat and flexed out

ranchos 5000s arent bad

Black Diamond doesn't make bad shocks either from my experience, I'm running them right now. They also cost about $40 ea.

I always used early 80s to mid 80s since springs were a little taller 90s and up are a tad shorter but will work just use same year front and rear so you dont droop

Using F150 coils could be an issue. first, you have different spring rate in teh front and rear, your going to put a lot stiffer (as in WAY stiffer) spring in the rear. the ride quality will be horrible, boarder line dangerous if the road conditions are right.

Second, your front and rear springs also have different spring heights. if you take 4 front coils from a F150 and put them at each corner of your tj, the rear of your jeep is going to sit a couple inches higher. this in turn will cause some steering issues since you changed you caster angle.

If the coils yield a 3" lift, you will be pretty much at the limit of your factory control arms as well. you still will have to buy springs, address the driveshaft angles, steering, brakes.

The reason why kits cost so much is because
1. the product is engineered to work safely
2. it's completeness.

I suggest the BDS Budget spring kit. should get about 2" of lift, perfect for a set of 33's

Using F150 coils could be an issue. first, you have different spring rate in teh front and rear, your going to put a lot stiffer (as in WAY stiffer) spring in the rear. the ride quality will be horrible, boarder line dangerous if the road conditions are right.

Second, your front and rear springs also have different spring heights. if you take 4 front coils from a F150 and put them at each corner of your tj, the rear of your jeep is going to sit a couple inches higher. this in turn will cause some steering issues since you changed you caster angle.

If the coils yield a 3" lift, you will be pretty much at the limit of your factory control arms as well. you still will have to buy springs, address the driveshaft angles, steering, brakes.

The reason why kits cost so much is because
1. the product is engineered to work safely
2. it's completeness.

I suggest the BDS Budget spring kit. should get about 2" of lift, perfect for a set of 33's

Agreed,
I rather spend money and buy something i know will work.
Ill look into the BDS jps4jeep, thanks for all the help guys..
Hey jps4jeep type of tire?

If you would like, PM me and give the specifics of your Jeep and what you want. I will see what I can get and give you prices.

You can always put your factory springs in the rear for a 3-3.5" lift and buy front lift springs the same height. I personally HATE BDS lifts but that is my opinion. Their YJ junk flexes like a tractor. Maybe their TJ kit is better. Rough Country is decent but if you plan on wheeling it and keeping it for a while invest in a Rusty's or Rubicon Express kit. Well worth the price and includes most everything even brake lines.

Back