Need help with led taillights

JMullineaux

Hey guys I really like the looks of the flat round led taillights. I have a 1995 jeep yj and I would like to do this mod. I haven’t really found any info on it so what I was wondering is what to get, and were i can get it at. I also was thinking about the reverse lights and if someone made it built in ( except for the Quadratec one it looks to cheep) if not I plan on running just 2" by 6" lights mounted to my bumper wired to the reveres light wire.

Carquest carries a variety of L.E.D. tail lamps or you can get them from truckstops. Not hard to do at all. The only critical part on the mounting is cutting the hole for the grommet. The wiring uses the original wiring on the jeep and with the addition of the electronic flasher that will replace the factory unit.

Ya I found a write up on some page that went through all the steps but I don’t like the idea of cutting hole in my tub I do like the looks of them though. So I looked around some more and found these. They are STOP, TAIL & TURN LED TRAILER LIGHT, 6" SURFACE MNT, Oval,. Supposedly you only have to cut a 1/2" hole and drill holes for the screws but if anyone has done these and has pics please post. Thanks to everyone

Attachments

• 261series.jpg
    261series.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,777
What about wiring a resistor inline to the taillights? If not where can I get an electrical flasher? Can I get it at the local auto parts store?

Thanks everyone i just got my lights today and tthey look good planing on installing them tommarow I also got electric flashers at advance for $10 i will have pics up tommarow night

ok got them put on and they look good.

Attachments

• SD530938.JPG
    SD530938.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 454
  • SD530939.JPG
    SD530939.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,502
  • SD530940.JPG
    SD530940.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,181
Back