PDC blowing fuses????

captjanes

99 tj 2.5L. inunder the hood in the PDC fuse box. there is a 20 amp fuse that keeps blowing and i cant trace the fault because i dunno what the fuse is for .. do ne one have a diagram of what the fuses are for in the PDC. she starts and i will drive down the road and she will pop the fuse and just shut down and wont start no more until i change the fuse.. i tried turnign ff my heater and stero and tehy still blow. seems like she will idle fine but when i drive her she will pop fuse and shut down can someone help me plz thanks

Need to know what one it is there are atlest 2 20amp fuses
#5 is for Acc, power outlet
#9 is for Multifunction switch

there is no number on it. it is the power distribution consol in under the hood. it has relays and maxis and mini fuses the there is 4. 20amp mini fuses there and one blows and shuts the engine. she idles fine just when ur driving it happens. i think i got a bad ground somewhere. i just ran new ground from engine to chasis and still same thing.

The PDC cover should have a Fuse # on it and the owners manual should also have it. Just a shot on the dark from prior experience, check the O2 sensor wires for rubbing on the exaust pipe.

there is no number on it. it is the power distribution consol in under the hood. it has relays and maxis and mini fuses the there is 4. 20amp mini fuses there and one blows and shuts the engine. she idles fine just when ur driving it happens. i think i got a bad ground somewhere. i just ran new ground from engine to chasis and still same thing.

In my 97 tj there are no mini fuses under the hood only big fuses and relays (there is a spot for mini's) There is numbers in the book that tells you what is what

the PDC cover only tells me the fuse # for the maxis fuses and the relays there is nothing on the cover about the mini fuses. but on the cover it says(I0D storage) and there is nothing in my manual about the PDC fuses it only tell me what the fuses in the dash is for.

my pc wont let me upload the photo maybe i can email it to u

Here it is.

Attachments

• PDC fuse in question.JPG
    PDC fuse in question.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 936

that fuse is 10amp it is the one up from that the yellow one which is 20 amp.. i think i mite have the problem sourced.. i had a new tow hitch and it has a intergrated wiring harness in it and i think one of the wires cut through i unhooked the hitch wiring and now the jeep seems to be running fine.. would this be the trouble or just a cooindince.

that fuse is 10amp it is the one up from that the yellow one which is 20 amp.. i think i mite have the problem sourced.. i had a new tow hitch and it has a intergrated wiring harness in it and i think one of the wires cut through i unhooked the hitch wiring and now the jeep seems to be running fine.. would this be the trouble or just a cooindince.

It's possible you've found the problem. If the circuit on that trailer wiring is linked to the fuel or ignition circuit and shorts to ground, it's likely that you have isolated the concern. Just keep driving the jeep and make sure the problem is fixed.

i put 250kms on my jeep this morning and she shut down on me again. i changed the fuse on the high way and then i drove home again. so it is not my hitch wiring harness. but i did get farther this time since i disconnected the hitch harness..i am starting to think it is my heater circuit.. after the fuse blew this time i shut down my heater and it lasted alittle longer. i froze on the way home but i made it hahaah

LOL, sorry you had to go through that. Do a thorough inspection of the wiring harness from the engine compartment to the bottom where the O2 sensor wires are routed. Look for the areas where it looks close to anything that would rub thru the wires and wire loom. Another suggestion is to have the Jeep at idle and wiggle the wiring harness where ever possible without getting hurt and see if you can re-create the scenario. You should be able to find the problem if you can duplicate it that way.

i took the bottom of my PDC and the wire from teh 20amp fuse runs directly to my fuel pump relay.. so that means that my fuel pump module is breaking down when it gets hot. the relay and fuses and wiring is good i am not sure if i should just change the pump or the modudle/sending unit. is there a way that i can test if either is getting bad.. i think it is my pump because when the fuse blows my fuel gauge in my dash still works so my sending unit and module must be good therefore i think my trouble is my pump. i got a new pump coming tomorrow i will let you guys know what happens.

Last edited:

i think i fixed the trouble guys. i replaced my fuel pump. the filter in the tank was really dirty i think that was why my pump was breaking down.. i removed the filter just to try the old pump and it runs fine. but i think the jeep is working fine now thanks for ur oppions

same thing happened again. i check my tank and module and pump everything is fine the wires is all fine i tracked them one by one.. i am starting to think it is my powertrain control module but i hope not. maybe it is my relay, maybe it is breaking down when it gets hot. i changed it out with the one from my horn and i will try that tomorrow and see if it works.. if it happens again i think it could be my powertrain control module

Back