33x10.5x15 on a 15x7 Rim

PretorDepot

I know that seems like an obvious yes, but I do not want to cause the tire to sit funky because it is trying to squeeze on to a narrow rim. I have had 33x9.5 and they are great, but they are also pizza cutters. How wide a tire can you run on a rim before you need a wider rim?

I ran 15.5" wide TSL SX's on a 15x8 rim. never had a problem.

run'em, there will be no issue with tire sitting funky. round tire on a round rim will sit on the bead no matter how wide or narrow.

To add, I ran those tires and rims for about 6 months and then gave them to a friend, he had them for another 3 years. I would air down to single digit pressure and I never lost a bead. I now run a skinny tire and I like it way better

image-missing.png

Ran the same set up for 3 years and no problems. If they are stock rims you might get bit of rubbing during turns.

I appreciate all the advice. I just didn't want to throw down to buy new rims if I could get by on the stock ones. I currently run 33x9.5 and although my friends rib me about rollin on pizza cutters, they have been great tires. Only think I have to decide now is whether I stick with the BFG TA/KO or go to a Mudd Terrain like the KM2. I am a daily driver and a lot of that is on highway.

the BF at's and mt's are the same compound and will net about the same milage.. the only real difference is that teh mt uses a different carcass with a thicker side wall (which means the tire is slightly heavier) and due to the larger tread blocks, they are a little louder on the highway.

I love that what we Jeepers think is loud and what the rest of the world deems loud are two different things. I tend to be yelling alot when I get to where I am going.

Back