about to buy tires.........one last question..

tiger9297

Have an '02 Wrangler Sahara w/ I6, Auto, and 3.07's. Has 30x9.5's now, and will definitely go with at least 31x10.5's. I think those will work great..........................however, it is SO tempting to try and eeeeeeeeeeeeease up one more inch and go with 32x10.5's (if that size is even available). Would the 32's be too much for the 3.07 gears? Just thought I'd make one last check before I bought.

does the '02 have OD in that transmission? If not you might be OK. I had 31s on my 97 (I6/stick) with 31s and 5th gear (OD) was, well... useless.

Gordy.. I was thinking of putting the 31x10.5 on my 2005 I6/stick, 3.73... was your speedo out much? No rubbing without a lift?

Most and by most I mean almost all (exception would be interco) 32" tire measure 31.5" so they are not that far from the 31" tires.

the standard 32" size reads 32x11.5r15 most all tires that measure 32" are P metric tires.

Gordy.. I was thinking of putting the 31x10.5 on my 2005 I6/stick, 3.73... was your speedo out much? No rubbing without a lift?

Might be too late here, but my speedo actually seemed more accurate with the 31's, it was always a little off with the stock 30's. No rubbing at all on either of my sets of 31's, although I'm running a less aggressive tire on my stock rims for winter. My summer tires are AT's on a rim with 4" of backspacing.

just a note: i see you have the I6 with auto transmission.. which this should be the 32RH transmission... watch out for this... if you ever get stuck and water is almost to your floorboard.. there's a good chance you'll get water in your transmission fluid because the vent hole on these transmission's is inside the bellhousing and you can't run a vent hose to it.. just watch for this in the future..

My observations over the years show that every tire size you go over 31" get you closer to eventually selling it because it becomes more of a dog to drive.
One mod begets another till you go broke and/or hate to drive it on a daily basis.

Resist the temptation.

My observations over the years show that every tire size you go over 31" get you closer to eventually selling it because it becomes more of a dog to drive.
One mod begets another till you go broke and/or hate to drive it on a daily basis.

Resist the temptation.

Thanks for that advice. I have resisted the temptation. I'm going to go with 31's. I work out of this Jeep so I have to be able to depend on it. When it comes to business I have enough to fill my day without worrying about my Jeep. I got my 2" lift put on and I'm now ready for my 31's. I think it's going to look really sweet when I'm done. Gonna order a t-case lowering kit tomorrow. I'm getting a slight vibe from the lift.

Back