Front end assembly

Burger

ok....so i have realized that my front differential is bad? I can get a new front end assembly for around $300......while swapping the front ends out what other things should i go ahead and replace or look for while replacing? Is there anything special that i would need or is it just as easy as rolling one out and rolling the other one in? Thanks Guys!

If your replacing the axle assembly with the same type, it should be a plug and play. Bushings , suspension and steering components should be inspected while you have the axle off .

not sure I really havent popped it open to see? I priced getting an overhaul kit compared to just buying a used axle and it was relatively the same price considering the labor that might be involved with the rebuild? Is this a bad idea to go with the used axle?

It's not a bad idea to go with a used axle, but it may be more labor than needed if it's just a matter of replacing spider gears or something else simple.

not sure I really havent popped it open to see? I priced getting an overhaul kit compared to just buying a used axle and it was relatively the same price considering the labor that might be involved with the rebuild? Is this a bad idea to go with the used axle?

Id look inside to see what is going on see what you need my diff broke 2 years ago $280 later fixed and was very easy just took my time.. but see what is wrong then call around for priceing see what is the best way to go for the repairs also repost on here for ideas.

Thanks for all the advice guys! The problem is now fixed and for good.....I hope! The posi-lok just needed a little adjusting!

Back