Jeep was stuck now running funny

cbanks

About 2 weeks ago i was driving in the snow and hit the break and slid of a hill. over the median and over a small wall, my jeep was stuck. It then snowed to about 2 feet and the next day i had to get my jeep out of this persons yard.

After a few hours and rocking it back and forth for about a half tank of gas , i finally got out. My check engine light was on for the next 2 days but went off. I dented a rim and everything else seemed ok. now when i shift it feels like it is having a hard time getting into second gear.any ideas? i didnt know if rocking it like that was bad for it but i wanted to get out of this persons yard.

I have a stock 05 wrangler. I am worried about it and dont know many mechanics around here. I have a friend who knows cars but not much about jeeps, what should I be looking for if something is wrong with it?

Thank you in advance

Wow...Thats gonna be hard to diagnose over the innerweb.
You have a few seemingly unrelated symptoms.
Nothing I can think of that would cause the check engine light to come on would make it hard to shift into second gear.

The only scenario I can dream up would be that either going over that wall with enough hate to dent a rim, or the forward to reverse over and over may have tweaked or broken your trans/motor mounts causeing the shifting issue.
A worse case...you may have boogered up your syncros or something.

The same prolonged revving/shifting/ revving/shifting may have caused the computer to see some sensors go out of range but now that you are back to normal driving, it has gone away causing the CEL to go out

Hope this helps send you in the right direction

You may have somthing broke or bent? id call and ask a body shop that can fix frames and just ask them thay may have a idea on what it could be? as for the check engine light that is a hard one...

try to look at transmission mount if your still haveing issues i dont think it would be your motor mount sounds like transmission mount definately. also look to see if you dented or bent your exhaust anywhere under the jeep that would aslo kick your light on because the o2 sensor is conected to your cataletic converter if you were not getting the proper flow of exhaust it will kick it on ... just my 2cents thats all

No it's a 6speed. It almost feels like it Wont go into gear at first when I try to put it in second, and sometimes it takes a second then clicks. Like it wasn't in gear yet.

If the engine check light has turned off, does it seem like something I should worry about?

Thank you everyone for your help. I wish I knew more about this
thing!

No it's a 6speed. It almost feels like it Wont go into gear at first when I try to put it in second, and sometimes it takes a second then clicks. Like it wasn't in gear yet.

If the engine check light has turned off, does it seem like something I should worry about?

Thank you everyone for your help. I wish I knew more about this
thing!

if the chk eng went off, then the fault has not happened in x amount of cycles. So it appears all is good. You can still see what it was. Autozone will do a code scan for free last time i knew.

Now about your odd shifting... Does it only happen in 2nd gear? If so, try this: before you shift into second, move the lever all the way to the right side (asif you were going to put reverse but dont pull it back for reverse) and then try to put it into 2nd. It should go in smoothly. if else, something is probably bent.

In my new/used 2006 TJ it grinds if i put it into second too fast after first. i have to do the above for it to take second nice and quietly. I have not pinpointed the reason yet.

not going in gear could be thrown out sink row in trans ,busted mount , cluch going out ect as for check eng you prob over heated your catalitic most likly

Back