Parking / Emergency Brake Beep

fatty_chris

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to disable the beeps when you enable the parking brake. I have a 2006 Rubicon, and I never use the brake because of this. I'd like to, but it's way too annoying. I heard pulling fuse #4 disables the door beep, but doesn't disable the brake beep. Is there another fuse for this?

After looking at the schematic diagram of the parking brake switch, you should be able to disconnect the connector to the switch on the lever assembly however, this will also disable the red brake warning lamp on the dash when the brake is engaged.

81e0d0ce-1.gif

Under the center console you'll see one black wire that goes to the switch on the brake handle. The switch is an open copper strip and a white plastic insulator - not too fancy but it works. You can pull the connector off there. Yes, the red "BRAKE" light on the dash will no longer work with the hand brake but it will still work if you have a hydraulic failure as detected by the proportioning block. - John

Is that true for a 97 also?

My brake light does not work with the E brake,but the light did come on when i was bleeding my lines after replacing some brake lines.

Is that true for a 97 also?

My brake light does not work with the E brake,but the light did come on when i was bleeding my lines after replacing some brake lines.

Yes. Not much has changed on the brake warning system on the TJ's.

Back