bump stop scraping?

Jesse

I think pictures will explain it best:

The top two pictures are on the passenger side, the bottom one is the driver side. I uploaded the driver side for comparison.
What could cause this? And what can I do to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_6250.jpg
    IMG_6250.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_6251.jpg
    IMG_6251.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6252.jpg
    IMG_6252.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 149

looks like the diff shifted from the pict ,loose or worn uper and lower control arm bushings busted strut I did that on my xj years ago after taking flight over a hill
bent perch could be a number of things than again looking at that pict spring looks like its bowed a bit also

doing a little hard wheelin are ya

I think that John has it right. The axle / caster is off. Check your control arm bushings (I just got some upper bushings from Advanced Auto Parts for $21 a set). Once you find the problem, you'll need an alignment.

The thing is, I JUST installed a 4" lift kit from pro comp, so all the parts are new. Guess I should have mentioned that... But by just installed I mean a month or two ago. Haven't gone wheeling since i installed the kit.

Last edited:

make sure ur caster is even on both sides and have a qualified shop do an alignment this should fix ur problem. ur axle doesnt look like its centered under the jeep. it looks like it sits "dog leg" if u have adjustable lower control arms make sure they are the same length. i put on a 4" tuff country e-z flex and my lower arms had to b exactly 16.5 inches.

Did the kit come with an adjustable track bar, or track bar relocation bracket?

Came with a rear track bar relocation bracket, and i bought a adjustable front track bar. Both are installed. The front adjustable one I followed the instructions on how to set it, but I am not 100% sure i did it right..

if you can't make the adjustment with the cam bolt on the LCA mounts, you need some to adjust your lower control arms or get adjustable lower control arms and adjust them.

Sure, here's a shot of my bumpstop right after installing my 2.5" lift. Getting an alignment at the local 4x4 shop fixed it 100%

Attachments

• IMG_2521_jeep-caster.JPG
    IMG_2521_jeep-caster.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 3,206
  • IMG_2520_jeep-caster.JPG
    IMG_2520_jeep-caster.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,081

It really looks like your axle is shifted (driver side too far forward and passenger too far back). If that's the case, I don't see how they could have done an accurate alignment.

Do you have adjustable lower or upper control arms? If so, those will need to be adjusted. When I took my Jeep to be aligned they adjusted my lower control arms to move my axle into the proper position.

Are your control arms the same length on each side?

Are the coil springs seated properly in the lower spring perch?

Yeah they are. I've checked and had others check as well.

It really looks like your axle is shifted (driver side too far forward and passenger too far back). If that's the case, I don't see how they could have done an accurate alignment.

Do you have adjustable lower or upper control arms? If so, those will need to be adjusted. When I took my Jeep to be aligned they adjusted my lower control arms to move my axle into the proper position.

Are your control arms the same length on each side?

I don't have adjustable control arms, but yes they are all the same length. I put them all side by side before i installed them.

im thinkin u installed a rear lower control arm in the front... Maybe? or backwards? pics would help.

im thinkin u installed a rear lower control arm in the front... Maybe? or backwards? pics would help.

Just tell me what you want a picture of and I'll get it.

I would like to see a pic of the receipt from the allignment shop.

and if they let the vehicle leave with too much neg. caster, take it back to them unless.... the cam bolt is at it's make setting.

If this is the case, then I would break out the tap measure and start measuring stuff, ESPECIALLY THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS
if they all measure correctly and coencide with the manufacturer of the lifts specs... I would look into ADUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS.

take measurements of all the lower control arms it may help u determine what is going on.

The LCA are the same length.. Some of the readings didn't show up on the scanned copy so i wrote them in for you.

Attachments

• Alignment001.jpg
    Alignment001.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 192
Back