Heavy Duty Pitman Arm NO DROP

Turbogus

Howdy all,
Well 'Betty's' Saginaw steering box is weeping so going to beef up this end of the steering linkage. Going to get a heavy duty mount for the rebuilt box and would like to find a corresponding pitman arm (part no. or length) from a Chevy or Ford, after reading the article in May JP. I've a 2.5" Superlift kit on her and I don't think a drop arm is nesessary when I inspected the angles present on this stock arm.
Has anyone done this?

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid for any responses.

It's strange that there are not more resources for this arm when JP magazine quips "The factory pitman arm is made out of ductile cast iron and will bend if hard wheeling with larger tires is in the cards" Don't we just love sweeping statements without point of fact, eg. HOW hard of wheeling (sand, hillclimb, rocks) or HOW large of tires 30x15 up to 40x15?
This article went on to say "...or look for a thicker arm from a '70's era GM car in the junkyard". Well, WHICH friggen GM cars?!? and they tout themselves as experts frequently in their responses to letters, geeze. Sorry about the soap boxin' but I'm feelin' like the bridge keeper at the bridge of death "WHAT is your name....WHAT is your quest...."

Back