1997 wrangler DRL

My jeep has DRL i was looking on how to turn them off and can't find anything so does anyone know anything about how to turn them off? there not on when i start it up thay come on after i move about 2 feet..
thanks..

80a136e4-1.gif

Canada eh?!? J/K. Try removing one of the fuses mentioned below and see which one disables it. I've never experimented with these sytems before.
On vehicles built for sale in Canada, the headlamps operate when the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
When the ignition switch is in the START or RUN position, circuit A1 from fuse 3 in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) connects to circuit A21. Circuit A21 powers circuit F12 through fuse 11 in the fuse block. Circuit F12 splices to supply power to the DRL module.
The headlamp switch connects circuit A3 from fuse 10 in the PDC to circuit L20. Circuits A3 and L20 are HOT at all times. Circuit L20 connects to the headlamp dimmer switch circuitry in the multi-function switch and to the DRL module.
The DRL module receives the vehicle speed sensor input from circuit G7. Circuit G34 from the DRL module provides power for the high beam indicator lamp in the instrument cluster.
When the headlamp switch is OFF and the ignition switch is in the START or RUN position, the DRL module powers the headlamps on circuit L3 at reduced intensity. When the headlamps are ON, the dimmer switch in the multi-function switch powers the low beams on circuit L4.
Circuit L3 feeds the high beams of the headlamps. When the operator flashes the headlamps with the stalk of the multi-function switch, the DRL senses voltage on circuit L3.
Circuit Z1 provides ground for the DRL module

80a136e4-1.gif

Canada eh?!? J/K. Try removing one of the fuses mentioned below and see which one disables it. I've never experimented with these sytems before.
On vehicles built for sale in Canada, the headlamps operate when the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
When the ignition switch is in the START or RUN position, circuit A1 from fuse 3 in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) connects to circuit A21. Circuit A21 powers circuit F12 through fuse 11 in the fuse block. Circuit F12 splices to supply power to the DRL module.
The headlamp switch connects circuit A3 from fuse 10 in the PDC to circuit L20. Circuits A3 and L20 are HOT at all times. Circuit L20 connects to the headlamp dimmer switch circuitry in the multi-function switch and to the DRL module.
The DRL module receives the vehicle speed sensor input from circuit G7. Circuit G34 from the DRL module provides power for the high beam indicator lamp in the instrument cluster.
When the headlamp switch is OFF and the ignition switch is in the START or RUN position, the DRL module powers the headlamps on circuit L3 at reduced intensity. When the headlamps are ON, the dimmer switch in the multi-function switch powers the low beams on circuit L4.
Circuit L3 feeds the high beams of the headlamps. When the operator flashes the headlamps with the stalk of the multi-function switch, the DRL senses voltage on circuit L3.
Circuit Z1 provides ground for the DRL module

Ok so i unpluged the DRL box and it worked the lights did not come on..
Thanks steelheadz

If i leave it unpluged will it hurt anything? is that the only thing it is for?

From what i saw on the schematic wiring diagram, it's sole function is to control the DRL and nothing else. Make sure you test the regular headlamps to make sure its functioning correctly.

Back