tires

vpblair

I am new to this forum and I am impressed by its participation and quality. Enough sucking up. Two years ago, I bought a 89 YJ, 6, auto, hardtop, with 120,000 miles I drive only in the summer with a bikini top, only on the road and only about 3000 miles a year. I know this sounds crazy to all the off roaders but I love this jeep.

I'm due for some new tires and I would love to soften up the ride. Again, no plans to go off road.

Does anyone with similar usage have any suggestions for tires.

Can I put automobile tires on this truck? If no, why?

I have many more questions but will start with these for now.[addsig]

If you want a softer ride don't get low profile tires they tend to have less give, If you don't drive alot off road I would suggest BFG Long-Trail T/A they are a good tire and I would assume ride smooth, I run the All-Terrain T/A's and I think they ride fine. Just remember it's a jeep no matter how hard you try in't ain't gonna float like a Caddy ;-) [addsig]

Just get yourself a good set of 235's in a good looking street tread wide as you like and enjoy the ride. Breaks my heart to hear your not going to let it play in the dirt from time to time but to each his own! I have a new or like new set of cheap street treads at this time. Came with the Jeep and can not wait to wear em out but they ride good! Tug[addsig]

Hahaa. I think my jeep is in the mud more than its on the concrete, and thats the way I like it. :-D [addsig]

your jeep is gonna get jealous of all the other jeeps havin' all the fun and you don't want that ....but go with a radial all- terrain :roll: :evil: :roll: [addsig]

Back