Paint my top?

Jesse

So I'm getting tired of my tan hardtop, plain and simple i find it ugly. So I'm planning on painting it black, any suggestions on how to go about doing that or what paint to use?

I wonder if something like DupliColor's Truck Bed Coating would work?

image-missing.png

Go over the OEM paint with red scuff pads then wash it down real good with something like Simple Green and let it dry, then paint.

It is a black vinyl polymer so it would hold up to weather real well, bird crap wouldn't effect it and there'd be no need to wax. With a little bit of texture to hide blems, the stuff would be durable as heck. Brush and branches wouldn't phase it and if they did, touch-up is easy.

They have a spray kit for use with a compressor, you can roll it on, and it also comes in rattle cans.

I wonder if something like DupliColor's Truck Bed Coating would work?

image-missing.png

Go over the OEM paint with red scuff pads then wash it down real good with something like Simple Green and let it dry, then paint.

It is a black vinyl polymer so it would hold up to weather real well, bird crap wouldn't effect it and there'd be no need to wax. With a little bit of texture to hide blems, the stuff would be durable as heck. Brush and branches wouldn't phase it and if they did, touch-up is easy.

They have a spray kit for use with a compressor, you can roll it on, and it also comes in rattle cans.

I have a bit more than a gallon of Grizzly Grip truck bed liner left from when i did the tub of my Jeep. Think that would work too?

I have a bit more than a gallon of Grizzly Grip truck bed liner left from when i did the tub of my Jeep. Think that would work too?

Jesse, check out the Grizzly Grip can and see what it says it needs for a primer, if any at all. That would be your best guide but I would think that if you knock down all visible surface shine on the existing paint, that should be enough for the stuff to adhere to.

Back