Rough Country Lift help

John_Stover

Hello fellow Jeepers, I recently installed a 4 inch Rough Country suspenion lift and my 4wd shifter sits higher than normal. I called rough country to see if there is a fix to move it back to mormal, but the gentleman on the phone was no help. So i was wondering if anyone out there had this issue and what they may have done to fix it. Any help would be great. thanks for reading this post.

John

probably just adjust the linkage on the under side of the tub

I ain't too bright,but I don't see how a suspension lift would change the transfercase lever height in relation to to the floor. Was the transfer case raised or moved twds the body?
Anyway,I'd say you should try & find the point of change & adjust there...as jps4jeeps said maybe you can adjust the linkage.

i dont understand how urs was raised higher.
i just lifted mine (4" yj rough country) and my shifter sits lower and back since i did the transfercase drop. anyone kno how to fix this? do i have to get like extended linkage or something. because when shifting into 2, 4, or R
i hit my center consul and it just doesnt feel right.

I went through this with Bounty Hunter a while back. I too didn't see how a lift would change the shifter adjustment, let alone the height going up. The TJ's 4WD shifter has a bracket that attaches to the tub. Yes, I too was blown away. Why have a bracket connecting two different things, that torque different ways, and have such said bracket hold a linkage. He gave a link to an adaptor bracket of sorts. I'll see if I can dig it up. Stayed tuned..........................

Last edited:
Hello fellow Jeepers, I recently installed a 4 inch Rough Country suspenion lift and my 4wd shifter sits higher than normal.

John
Did you install the transfer case drop and the drop bracket for the 4wd shifter linkage? There's a flat bracket that should be installed on the tub side of the 4wd linkage bellcrank. Without it, your linkage will be in a bind when using a transfer case lowering kit.

The best fix is to install a slipyoke eliminator and delete the transfer case lowering kit. You can also get an aftermarket 4wd shifter that deletes the tub side of the linkage.

thanks bobcat, i"ll take a look at it and c if it helps

Back