light circuit

STEW

I am having trouble with one of my light circuits, I have headlights, brake lights and indicators but no side lights ( the small lamps in the grille that double up as indicators)
When you pull the light switch out to the first stage i get nothing????
I have ckecked the headlamp and sidelight earths and they seem ok, and it's a brand new light switch. As far as i know there is no fuse for this circuit, any ideas???????

cheers Stew:???:

Do your tail lights (running lights) work? If not, it could be the fuse (there should be a parking light fuse, marked "park" on the fuse block). I see that you checked the grounds at the lights... I would assume that you checked and have no power there at the sockets? Best of luck - John

It's an 82 jeep, ..I will look into the fuse board, i was kinda looking for a fuse that just said light or something, didn't think of park, and your right ,there was no power at the light socket/plug

Cheers Stew;)

Checked my fuse board and there is no fuse marked "park" so checked my workshop manual and found a picture of the fuse board in there and that had no fuse marked park either?
It looks like the circuit that contains the running lights has a fuseable link, according to the wiring diagram in the book, anyone know where that is? or is the light fuse marked up as something else on the fuse board??

It's driving me mad!!!:x

stew

The fusible circuits on your CJ should be on the starter solenoid. illumination is another term used since it's also the same circuit as the dash lamps. IF your dash illumination is ok, check the circuits on the fuse block. One way to do this is to separate the inner from the outer half fuse block and look at the spade connectors. I've seen circuits fail in between these halves and its usually due to corrosion.

Back