new guy needs help

nutznky

I have a 95 wrangler and when i take off from a dead stop I am getting a rattle and vibration. It never does it any other time except when taking off in first gear. Is my clutch getting weak or is it my gear ratio or something else? I just bought the jeep and it has a 4 inch lift with 33's and i am pretty sure it has stock 3.07's. I have a set of 3.73's I am getting ready to install. What kind of difference can I expect? Thanks for your help, Ryan

Check the driveline Angle and ujoints. Most vibrations from a dead stop is caused by torque in the driveline due to an exessive angle.

Also check the condition of the transmission mount and motor mounts, slipping the clutch due to your large tires and tall gearing can cause a pretty good drivetrain rattle.

Thanks for the advice. Will the 3.73's help me out on the issue. They were gave to me so I thought I would try.

3.73's will make it easier for the truck to move. It will put less of a strain on the motor to get the car moving and keep it moving.

edit: therefore, if the problem is one of the above mentioned problems, then no 3.73 gears wont really help it.

Back