What do you keep in your jeep?

30 ft 20,000lb snatch strap 20 ft 3/8 chain 2 8000lb cumalongs brake fluid oil antifreeze water glooves hip waders portable emergency aircompressor with light highlift jackon rear bumper spare tire 2 small collapseable shovels cell phone and charger oh and of coarse the laptop lol and kids dvd player in dash for kids entertainment

Attachments

• 1113100915.jpg
    1113100915.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 296
two tow straps
jumper cables
a few clothes hangers
adjustable wrench
flashlight
pb blaster
brake fluid
prophylactics :D
bungee cords
extra shoes and socks in a bag
60" hi lift jack
tunes
cb radio
knife

well thats all i can think of thats in there right now but things change and more or less stuff goes in or comes out for camping/ wheeling.

Wow! Where do you guys keep all this stuff?

I just keep a flashlight, gloves, and a plastic tub with 4x4 gear (jack, straps, tools) that I add/remove after wheeling. Around here, if the top is off people think everything inside is free for the taking.

i think alot of this stuff is great ideas however i do ride alot topless and unfortunately like bikepharmer mentioned its just begging for someone to steal it all. i have AAA gold 100 miles free towing so if im staying within that range i pack lightly and only carry basics like jumper cables maybe a flashlight cell phone and charger always a coat unless its dead heat in the summer. go on extra long trips usually add my bigger jack, my tool box, tow chain, and some food and water. I dont usually go on wheeling trips so i dont usually pack for that.

So what do you guys suggest I get next?

Attachments

• image-4281551434.jpg
    image-4281551434.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 508
  • image-2030800301.jpg
    image-2030800301.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 550
  • image-1105033405.jpg
    image-1105033405.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 428
  • image-565018502.jpg
    image-565018502.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 493

A small grocery style bag of bungies.
A tool kit with sockets.
Enough fluids to do a complete flush of anything.
Tow strap.
4 small and 2 large come-alongs.
Jumper cables.
Box of trash bags.
3 different size led flashlights.
1 maglight.
Extra thermostat.
Lug nuts.
Jack.
2 gallons water.
Compass.
Maps.
Chargers for almost anything handheld.
Blankets.
A towel.
PSP.
Haynes repair manual.
Small collapseable shovel.
Hatchet.
And a partridge in a pair tree.

i keep a lot of metallica cds, a sawed off 12 gauge, two tool bags, a jacket, ujoints, cell phone and charger, and a stocked cooler. thats on a ride though not every day, minus the cooler and one bag of tools for everyday.

So what do you guys suggest I get next?

i think that if i were you, i would look into a front bumper that isn't blocking part of your headlights output. my wife's is the same way and it annoys the crap out of me plus it makes the turn signals hard to see.

other then that, i see nothing on the outside your jeep needs. it looks decent enough for daily usage

i keep

all my tools that i use to tinker while the kids are at soccer practice (multimeter, screwdriver, slip wrenches, pliers)

an owner's manual zip bag from the old grand cherokee with small tie down straps

spare qt of oil, trans fluid, and power steering fluid

thats it. if i cannot fix it with that stuff then its usually something that requires the jeep to be in the driveway to fix. after owning a karmann ghia for 10 years, i learned to fix lots of things with the very minimum amount of tooling and parts. (setting points gap with a match book and a quarter, example)

This going to sound like a lot, but it does not take up that much space.
Jeep has a Warn winch
Full set 1/2, 3/8, 1/4 drive sockets SAE and metric.
Full set Torx
Ratchets and breaker bars
Full sets of combination wrenches
Full set screw drivers
Full set pliers and wire cutters
Bolt cutters
2 tow straps
2 snatch straps
Jumper cables.
300P VAIR compressor
Tire plug kit
Waterproof HD Duct tape
Electrical tape
Spare serpentine belt
Gloves, nitril and leather
Slim Jim
16 ga. tie wire
Hi-jack jack mounted on rear bumper
Hand axe
Folding shovel
Rope
Rags
First aid kit
Water
Blanket, rescue (emergency) blankets
A couple Pelican flashlights and spare batteries
Rescue knife on sun visor
K-Bar knife in tool bag
Binoculars
Compass
Block of paraffin, waterproof matches, magnifying glass
And probably some stuff I forgot.

Last edited:

so i saw water a ton of times but am i the only one that keeps spare thermastat and antifreeze,and a stick of jb weld.......long story short fan ripped through the radiator

jb weld is a putty that you kneed together and it hardens up like steel. its not going to break if done right. and it only takes 20 minutes to harden fully

that would be a good one to keep. i've used it to fix holes in blocks at water journals and i never had to ever redo it. its good stuff

I have my Hi-Lift on the hood
full set of Torx bits
1/4, 1/2/ & 3/8" drive ratchets and sockets
2 tow straps
jumper cables
tire plug kit
Smittybilt portable air compressor
2lb sledge
4lb wrecking bar/ hammer type thing
extra oil
brake fluid
anti freeze