What do you keep in your jeep?

I'll have to get some of the jb weld. I have no idea how you guys fit all that stuff in your jeep.

"Tools" seems like a common sense bring-a-long, but are there any special tools an average handy person might want to consider besides the usual:

sockets and ratchet
open end wrenches
screwdrivers
vice grips
slip joint pliers

I'm trying to think of what repairs besides tires I'd have to do out there that I'm actually capable of or have parts for. IOW, if the rear differential goes out it's not like I'm going to fix it. I'm talking about vehicle repair to get home- I'll be bringing a Handyman and shovel to get unstuck.

i have had to change alternators on the road and the water pump has gone out about an hour from anywhere. thats the worst that has happened to me. of course, the normal tires going flat has happened but that is already part of your vehicles repair kit from the factory

I carry the basics, but my basics can really pull me out of a Jam. Spares of everything that breaks with time (belts, vacuum hoses, plugs, filters, rotors, caps, U-Joints, etc.). All the winching and recovery gear. Survival gear. Rope. a small tent (you never know when that day trip will be a weekend event), etc.

I carry pretty much the same as everyone else. Minus extra parts. But all the tools and recovery gear to accomidate my 10,000 lb winch. Also two inflatable pillows, a -20 degree sleeping bag several ways to start a fire. A portable single burner stove with a tea ketle and a pot. Full first aid kit Two folding camp chairs extra pants shirts sweat shirts hats and ponchos. road flares, fire extinguisher, And I plan to add more. I plan to be ready for anything !! I'm currently working on a survival kit including water mre's and caned food , toiletrys , and equiptment to survive a natural disaster... Power inverter gas masks You know. The stuff crazy people carry!!!! But that's me!!

Last edited:
Where do you guys keep it all? Lol some of you should consider towing a trailer. :p Good to be prepared though. =]

I don't have my rear seat in my rig. And I have a large duffle bag and two home depot husky tool bags ( which by the way are very nice and quite durable) it's tight. But it all fits!

old thread but had to reply, I like so many others tend to keep things small in nature in ammo cans for like my tools. On my old CJ, I have a tool box under the passenger seat. I have no rear set so i have storage there for things like a cooler. Shovel is a old Army etool so its small and sits nicely under the hood. HiLift is on front bumper. Basically, its the winter time and This is always a good time to set up your jeep for how you want things to ride. Sorry, I only keep a spare belt, cap, points and rotor. I have 1 u joint and 1 extra locking hub. All small items. I had a spare, but someone liked it so I have it no more. I dont have a top for my jeep, just a bikini. Since my Jeep is kept in a garage, I dont mind leaving things set on it. I always advise if you are going out in rough country, keep a few welding rods in your Jeep. You can hook up jumper cables to you battery and make a emergency weld to get you home. Remember, its a EMERGENCY weld, not a thing done if you dont have to.

Right now big led mag light
One small led mag light
Two knifes
Heavy jacket
Car heart
Couple pair of gloves
It will vary depending on weather and occasion

I carry the basics, but my basics can really pull me out of a Jam. Spares of everything that breaks with time (belts, vacuum hoses, plugs, filters, rotors, caps, U-Joints, etc.). All the winching and recovery gear. Survival gear. Rope. a small tent (you never know when that day trip will be a weekend event), etc.

I forgot to mention a cable to connect 2 bateries in series, welding goggles, and welding sticks. This is my emergency trail welding equipment (along with the junper cables and a vise-grip that I always carry as well).

Jeesh.... I dont have much of anything in mine... it would get pilfered. I think i have some brake fluid in the center council, and wd40...tow strap and jumper cables.... I dont even have my spare on it b/c the hinges are broke and the back gate wont close properly with it on it, plus anything in the back gets wet b/c the door is down just slightly...I so have to fix that.

If i plan on going anyplace away from home then I grab more....I have put roadside assistance on it (cheap with my insurance).

1st aid kit , E-tool, hatchet, orange 8x10 tarp ,flash lights (led maglites ), germ X, rubber gloves , skinning knife , ziplock bags , assorted batteries, utility cordage (paracord), 45acp &amo, CB , marine 2 way (portable ) , tow strap , clevis, choker cable,bikini top . above items always . also seasonal clothing spares , rachet straps , reciever mounted 3000lb winch used front ,rear , left or right side for clearing trail of trees and broke down yoters .

Back