What do you keep in your jeep?

i think alot of this stuff is great ideas however i do ride alot topless and unfortunately like bikepharmer mentioned its just begging for someone to steal it all. i have AAA gold 100 miles free towing so if im staying within that range i pack lightly and only carry basics like jumper cables maybe a flashlight cell phone and charger always a coat unless its dead heat in the summer. go on extra long trips usually add my bigger jack, my tool box, tow chain, and some food and water. I dont usually go on wheeling trips so i dont usually pack for that.

I build myself a jocky box that sits behind the rear seat and covers the cargo area behind the tailgate, it allows u to lock ur shit in the box and under it i also have 2 large ammo boxes ans 1 small ammo box, i keep
-tow straps (2- 20', 2- 10')
-20' jumper cables (i made from wealding lead)
-14" chain saw
- 5 gal gas
- 48" farm jack
- first aid kit
- sockets and wrenches (metric and standard)
- 12v hand heald spot light
- garbage bags ( various perposes)
- variaty of shackels
- 8500lb winch
- spare 100' winch line
- gloves
- sunglasses as well as clear safty glasses
- oil (for the saw and engine)
- cable come along
- tire plug kit
-spade
-extra coolant and washer fluid
-
and probly alot more
i removed the bench seat and put in a single bucket in the back from a 2002 dakota, lets me have more cargo but still gives me a spot to put my son as well
you could also put locks on the jocky box its self
(the jocky box will hold 60 cans of pop/beer with ice and i put a drain in the bottom to drain out water after ice melts)

Attachments

• HPIM2486.JPG
    HPIM2486.JPG
    717.3 KB · Views: 172
  • HPIM2485.JPG
    HPIM2485.JPG
    745.9 KB · Views: 168
  • HPIM2523.JPG
    HPIM2523.JPG
    748.7 KB · Views: 177
  • HPIM2552.JPG
    HPIM2552.JPG
    534.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

if anyone would like to know the dimentions of the jocky box i built, just let me know and ill make up some prints, it fits with hard top and soft top on but not a bikini with the back part on, it fit in my TJ real nice but im sure it will go in the CJ as well and should have no issues with the yj too

Some of you keep a lot of shiznit in there. I keep a mag light, jack and lug wrench, my cb, jumper cables, and my insurance card in the jeep at all times. It is my dd. Otherwise, he stays empty, lest sticky hands invite themselves to my stuff.

If I'm partaking on a really long trip, depending on the obscurity of the location and weather of my trip, then I bring water, my cell phone, a change of clothes and shoes, a blanket, first aid kit, travel tool bag, gas can, umbrella.

Trail riding is a whole different truckload, tho.

I have a underseat lockbox for some of this gear, the rest is mounted in the Jeep...for long hauls, I hitch up the Off-Road trailer build to match my Toy. My basic kit is:
Hi-Lift Jack on rear bumper
Tool Kit (socket, torx bits)
Flashlight
Tow Strap & Rope
4 size Tire Iron
Hammer
Spare Serpentine Belt
Tire Patch Kit
Jumper Cables
Fire Extinguisher
Compressor
Floding Shovel
Towel
Space Blanket
Mid-Weight Rain Parka
Canteen
MREs
Compass/Maps
Survival Kit (Knives, fire starters, Compass)
First Aid Kit (more than just basic stuff)
CPR Mask
1 Quart of Oil (my Jeep tuned 10 years old last month, sooner or latter it will leak)
WD-40
Spare fuses

So far I have saved a few less prepared souls, My Jeep is a rolling Survival Kit

Attachments

• JeepTrailer 2010.jpg
    JeepTrailer 2010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,289
  • Jeep 2011.jpg
    Jeep 2011.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 610
For driving around town, I keep a tool bag. Most of the nuts and bolts on the jeep are 3/8 up to 5/8 so I have those wrenches, some electrical wire, plugs for vac ports, tape, screwdrivers, needlenose pliers, regular pliers, small pry bar, dwell meter, timing light, vac hose, fuses, few extra spark plugs, assorted small nuts and bolts, screws. Oh, and a small gas can because I don't have a gas gauge yet. For wheeling trips I will bring the same plus what ever extra parts I have for the jeep like driveshafts, tie rods, brakelines, plus your basic survival needs.

Haven't seen any one say any thing about food,I think it's a pretty good idea to throw some granola bars,slim jims,trail mix,or anything like that into the jeep in case of emergency.

Took the dog out for a little adventure to the beach and back, after I fixed all the front end work + installed the Posi-lock then...... We almost made it back but the fuel pump went up at dinner (on the way home)..... I will be back in business by next weekend, at least I hope.

On the other hand Took the 4 wheelers out to the same beach for a little ride and bon fire and after 5 hours the cops showed up...... We did nothing wrong (no loud noise, music, yelling, etc) yet they thretened to tow our turcks that were leaglly parked on the street. I respect the police but I hate that they feel like they are more important than GOD. But in the end eveything turned out ok, so I guess it was a good night after all.

Off the soap box now. Can't wait till I get all the bugs out of my YJ!!!!!!8)

On a daily basis, I keep the Jeep minimally stocked, as we all know space is limited.
I keep my disc golf bag and shoes in the lock box, as I play a lot. Other than that, I don't keep anything else. When offroading, a shovel, first aid kit, water, gas, hi lift...all the things you may need.

PEACE!!!

112 piece socket set, two other tool boxes, 2 gallons of water, 50' rope, 20' tow strap, 5' chain, battery jump starter w/ built in compressor, light, and inflator, cordless drill and cordless impact, 4 way lug wrench, hydraulic jack, jack stand, jumper cables, first aid kit, 2 gallon gas can, and usually multiple old used parts haha

Back