Wrangler gets a new interior for 2011

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the new Wrangler will have an updated interior that with touches of chrome (the gauges, shift knobs and steering wheel all have chrome accents). It will also have radio controls on the wheel.

2011-jeep-wrangler-interior.jpg
door.jpg
detail.jpg
Details are not available at the moment, but the Sport B will gain steering-wheel mounted audio controls, cruise, and hill descent control; Sahara will gain an AC outlet, auto headlights, and optional body-color hardtop; and options now include heated power mirrors and heated front seats.
Rubicon gets “Rock-Trac®” 4x4 which uses an electronic sway bar disconnect, Tru-Lok locking differentials (front and rear), and NV2410R transfer case with 4:1 gear ratio, fiving the Wrangler a 73:1 gear ratio.

Standard Wrangler 4x4s get Command-Trac I®, with shift-on-the-fly 4WD (at speeds under 60 mph), low gear, and neutral setting for towing without uncoupling the driveshafts. In low gear, torque is multiplied by 2.72:1. The front axle is a Dana 30, the rear axle is a Dana 44; a Trac-Lok differential is available.

The 2011 Jeep Wrangler is otherwise expected to be similar to the 2010 models, which have standard tow hooks, fog lamps, full-length center console, front floor mats, and cloth trim with front seatback map pockets. The Sunrider® soft top is easier to remove than in older (mid-2000s) models. Some buyers may end up using a grease pencil or other device to dim the bright chrome on the steering wheel, which would otherwise reflect flashes of sun with the top off.

The 2011 Jeep Wrangler goes into production in August. The first model to be produced is Sahara Tan,; hardtops go into production the next week in five colors. Other hardtop colors and body colors will be phased in through to the end of September.
I found this on Allpar

Just more to break when you have no roof and it rains.

I don't think they've added too much, just the radio controls on the wheel. The other stuff was there for the 2010 I believe.

Here's an example of the 2010 interior:
jeep-wrangler-2010-interior.jpg

and the 2008 interior:
jeep-wrangler-2008-interior.jpg

and interior from 2005:
jeep-wrangler-2005-interior.jpg

A lot more than my 97.

Also wonder how water proof the sat nav is..lol

Looks nice just not sure if it would work for me.

Looks like the molding around the gauge cluster is slightly different (one big oval instead of a large oval with two smaller ones in the pictures of the '08 and '10). That's about the only difference I can see other than the steering wheel mounted volume controls.

I don't mind the new interior myself, except for the chrome shift knob - that's a bit much in my opinion.

I do like the oh sh@t handle though - looks like they've done a better job of integrating it more. The new steering wheel looks better too - the older ones looked a bit cheap.

meehh..

still has a solid front axle.. <- all I care about

Are they still putting a D35 in the rear? the article says that the D44 will be the rear for the standard.. thats means all right.. if so, whoo hooo win for us finally

somewhere i heard that u can get a wrangler in a 2 wheel drive now. what kind of crap is that.

Last edited:

somewhere i heard that u can get a wrangler in a 2 wheel drive now. what kind of crap is that.

you've been able to get 2wd wranglers for years. lots of them were for the postal service or fleet vehicles. a friend has a 02 2wd tj that he has a crane mechanism on (looks like a roof rack basket thingy) he bought it new as a fleet vehicle special order.

Back