Dome light Question

94Wrangler4.0

My dome lights only work when my dimmer switch is all the way up. How do I make them work when I open the doors? The door pieces are plugged in and I was told they worked before. What do I do :?:

no its two diffrent pieces, but i noticed the dimmer switch doesnt have a constant 12volt. Since the door switches are ground breaking.

Place a jumper wire on the door jamb switch connector to the body ground and see if it lights up. If not follow that door jamb wiring to a junction connector. do the same test there. The issue here is a bad ground so you just need to find it where it's not making the continuity.

Fallowed it to the junction conector where the red and yellow meet in a two wire clip. Both clips are together on the passenger and driver side. My guess I have to fallow that wire more into the main harness. Is there anyway i could jump the wires so I dont have to trace through everything?

Have you tried to jump it from the door jamb switch?, try that first. And what color wires are on the door jamb switch?.

Did the jumper wire and nothing. There is a yellow wire going from the switch towards the junction to the dome light socket. This is ****ing me off useing it at night.

Is there another wire with the yellow wire on the door jamb switch? If there is, what color is it and where does it go to?. If either one of them junctions to the fuse block, make sure the fuse is good and has battery voltage going through it.

Fuse is good, connection is good. I think i may run a switch fro domes so i can turn them on and off when i want. Any ideas how?

Run a 12v wire from the battery to a switch and a relay then trace out the positive side of the dome lamp wire from the roll bar to hook it up on the relay circuit.

I assumed that the dome lamp is on the roll bar. Regardless of it's location, you will need to access the wiring of where ever the dom lamp is located.

Back